Tactrix cable ??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-27-2007, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BIGB513 is an unknown
Tactrix cable ???

been reading alot on the Tactrix cable and it sounds like it is the way to go for em since its about a 4th of what ap cost. but is it easy enough for anyone to do and what are some of the bad affects that this can do to your car. i dont know much about tunning so is this a smart mod for my car with tbe and up pipe and alos does anyone know a good tunnig shop in southern ohio or close that i could take my car to get a protune instead of downloading a map offline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-27-2007, 07:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
i don't know but i do know i recently chose to buy the AP over the Tactrix cable simply because to ME it seems like a lot more research and tuning has gone it to the AP, its super simple and you don't have to deal with a computer and saving your oem map and loading new maps, and plus i like the fact that i can plug the AP into my car and monitor all of my engines vitals live such as boost, intake, rpm, voltage, waste gate duty, etc while im driving down the highway. you will hear A LOT of opinions about both and the both have their pros and cons but for me i just felt like more secure using the AP even if it is considerable more expensive and thats not to take away anything from the Tactrix cable! many many people us it as a form of EM for their cars with great results! and if i wasn't so anal about my car i would have probably got it too! lol not to mention i have a great tuner shop in my area that will hook you up with a custom AP map.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-28-2007, 07:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
things that can go wrong. wipe out your Ecu,bloweee motor. if you are in southern ohio then your best bet would be the columbus area.unless you want to treck up here to buschur and they charge 375 for the protune and dyno.

if you are going to do the tactrix, read and ask questions.no question is to stupid especially if it means you not blowing your motor.
post #4 of 18 Old 04-28-2007, 08:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
I use the tactrix cable on my 07 and it is excellent no problems and i use a free map but if you are concerned about damaging your car use a map from xpt the only cost 52 for mine. you can either download the map or they will mail you a disc. As far as southern Ohio, I am originally from Middletown in between dayton and cinnci. There is a shop called leading edge in middletown the protune if I remember right call them and find out.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
i also use the tactrix cable and as long as you get your maps from a reliable source and dont mess with them they are just as safe as any other em system. i am running a modified stage 1 map and have no problems but i dont blame you for being cautious with your baby

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
post #6 of 18 Old 04-28-2007, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BIGB513 is an unknown
what stage would be the best for my cars setup tbe and up pipe i just want a little more power and for the money it sounds like tatrix cable is the better. this might be one of the last performance upgrades i will do to my car so is it ok for long time use or is ap better for long term use since u can switch back to stock unless im going out to the track etc also will this take care of the cel light that came on when i put ht eup and down pipe on.what are some of the web sites that i would get these maps from
post #7 of 18 Old 04-29-2007, 01:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
as long as the TBE come with a DP get a drop in filter like perrin or K&N and you can run a stage 2.(tactrix cable the way to go$$$$)

Tactrix is easy to switch back and forth. between stock maps and stage maps.

I bought a tanabe exhaust system that came with a Dp which had a built in spot for the O2 Sensor so no CEL light came on what so ever.

Check out PSINUSE's sticky for more info and useful websites for the tactrix cable

Opensource Read Up..
post #8 of 18 Old 04-29-2007, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BIGB513 is an unknown
would stage 2 for tatrix give me about the same power as ap if i was to go that way since the money isnt what im really worried about im just want to make sure that the cable way is for me im not to good when it comes to working on my car so im not that sure of my self with reflashing my ecu ap sounds like it might be a little easier and i wouldnt haft to worry about borrowing my buddys laptop to flash between maps if i ever wanted to
post #9 of 18 Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGB513 View Post
would stage 2 for tatrix give me about the same power as ap if i was to go that way since the money isnt what im really worried about im just want to make sure that the cable way is for me im not to good when it comes to working on my car so im not that sure of my self with reflashing my ecu ap sounds like it might be a little easier and i wouldnt haft to worry about borrowing my buddys laptop to flash between maps if i ever wanted to

I tell you what i WAS REALLY scared at first but everyone here talked me into the Tactrix for the money savings and simplicity and wrxgtr was really helpful with his responses and he has thread "flashing stage 1 today"

I am total noob to tuning and there were some points where i was pissed off flashing stage 1 but with the support i got here I got it done AND a week later
I got a DP and TBE and drop in K&N and flashed stage 2 with way more confidence.

I guess you have to do what you feel more comfortable with but I have been fixing and modding cars for a while now(not tuning), so i am not afriad to mess something up i know it comes with the teritory.

As far which map has more power either AP or a downloaded one from opensource(XPT) I'll let the experts here explain it better but from my jist of it is the maps were designed by different people or companies so it might hard to say which one is "better". It is really one map might have been "tuned" more appropriate for our car to give a larger increase in performance.

I hope this helps you out
post #10 of 18 Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Cobb maps run rich. There is room for a protune on top of them to squeeze some more power out. Most of the Taxtrix maps are usually already tweaked to get max out of the set up of the car. I myself sprung for the AP, I liked the features on it and not having to be worried about how reliable my laptop was.
post #11 of 18 Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BIGB513 is an unknown
thanks for the info i think im gonna order taxtix so hopefully everything goes well
post #12 of 18 Old 05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
+1 especially for what xmonie said about being a little scared at first. I am not a newbie to wrenching, but definitely to turbos, all wheel dirve and computer tuning. I was mostly inticed by the price of the Tactrix. There are definitely advantages and features that go along with the higher price tag on the AP, but you get your moneys worth from all accounts I have heard. My buddy has the V1 AP and pretty much were are identical on the mods except EM and in my opinion (since I have driven his car as well) I feel we are neck and neck. In other words for the stage 2 map from XPT, it would be a drivers race. I would highly recommend you read up on all of the software (enginuity, ecuexplorer, ecuflash and on the osecuroms.org forums) just so you get a little more familiar with what`s going on before you commit. Something to consider is wether or not your local tuner can dyno your ride. It is not neccessry at stage 2 , but if you decide to go to higher ponies then it would be a plus. Anyway, I can`t emphasize enough that you will NEED to read until you feel comfortable enough in doing the Tactrix. There are a ton of threads already on this forum so just do a search on Tactrix or Opensource and look over those threads. Also do your homework on AP since you might feel that is a better route for you.

BJJ for the win!
post #13 of 18 Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGB513 View Post
thanks for the info i think im gonna order taxtix so hopefully everything goes well
if you need some help just ask us every one here is pretty friendly

post #14 of 18 Old 05-01-2007, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoniewrx View Post
if you need some help just ask us every one here is pretty friendly

NO PISS OFF!!

BJJ for the win!
post #15 of 18 Old 05-01-2007, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Just kidding HA HA \

Seriously though it helps us if you educate yourself on the threads and discussions that have already been laid out there by a lot of highly technical guys and gals. But definitely ask before you act!

BJJ for the win!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement