Tactrix - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx3r is more helpful than not
any one from the Pac NW looking for a reflash and tune w/ this open source stuff i will send you the website of a guy who did mine. $150 is what he asked me for 3 hrs. very repectable guy (certified hydra tuner) who tunes alot of subarus in the area w/ no complaints.

http://getadomtune.com/index.htm

bigger and better than ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-09-2007, 02:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
$150? That's a steal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03'WRXDriva
i tried www.tactrix.com no luck and the www.openecu.com nope.
Btw, it's openecu.ORG. And you download the maps off osecuroms.org.
#18 Old 01-09-2007, 06:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

ohhNOwrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03'WRXDriva
You can d/l the maps for free, BUT i jsut tried their site and little behold non work now. i tried www.tactrix.com no luck and the www.openecu.com nope. kinda weird. now i cant afind a single thing on this tactrix cable. except on this foreign website. somebody else try it and keep me informed i was gonna go for it and buy it.

Metroscub do u feel a big improvement in torque now? ohnowrx u said your buddy did and it a big thumbs up. i have all the supporting mods to go with it, but i dont want to do it and go i think it helped. we need a person to try it andget soem dyno results. closest place for me is chicago which is 7 hour drive.
After we have flashed the map he drove the car for about 200 miles because that's what the guy told us to do. he went out and raced this srt4 with stage 1 that used to pull on him from the roll and killed him by very far wich means it does really work. he would like to dtno his car also but we would have to go to chicago also and it's a long drive wich sucks. Flashing the map is very simple just make sure you save your stock map to your computer.
#19 Old 01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

03'WRXDriva is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to 03'WRXDriva Send a message via Yahoo to 03'WRXDriva
ohhnowrx, i c its about the same distance for you also. some day we can get a bunch togdther and get it done or something. im about 2.5 hours south of you. check pm
#20 Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
sorry i didn't reply to my own post, but the link above should have sti maps, if not, join the forum and ask around, someone could probably make you one if you datalog first, then send the file to them, have them tweak it with enginuity, then upload and be on your way to a reflash and more gains!

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
#21 Old 01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex-ya is more helpful than not
I just found a local tuner that does OpenECU tuning. I'll be ordering my cable on the 15th (pay day).

'06 WRX STi
#22 Old 01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
I am getting mine this week, wewt, time to start killing some cars.
#23 Old 08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

blackonblack is an unknown
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroscub View Post
to be completely honest, I saved my stock rom a ton of places....for shits and giggles, I uploaded, my car still felt a little more powerful, but that may have been due to the exhaust, I never really had it on without the new map. But yeah, it is pretty user friendly, but do not worry if your car stalls while remapping, it happens every time, and it will be hard to start when in diagnostics mode after the initial first crank.
yeah i tune a 05 car his was hard to crank i uploaded a stage 1 map for him and he's a happy camp upload a few stage 2 in the area... kind of blows i have