Tactrix - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 01-04-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
Tactrix

Ok, so i have been seeing more and more on the subject popping up around here. I am no subject matter expert, but, however, I have successfully reflashed my ECU myself: so:

Tactrix is a cable that connects to your OBDII Port underneath the sterring wheel on your car. they are about 85 bux.

The software:
Enginuity:for reflashing
Ecuflash:datlogging
A couple of others, I'm at work, I'll try to link later.

My mods:
drop in filter(not exactly a great addtion, but still in the equation none the less)
ndvidia DP
Megan CB

My experience:
I put my car(06 rex) into diagnostics mode: two green cables under dash, connect them, start car and the CEL flashes. I hooked up the cable and plugged into my laptop(power supported by an inverter(the process can take a while, if you pull your ROM and lose power, bad shit could go down, better safe than sorry)). So, I pull up the ecuflash program...amazing to say the least, I mean, every sensor on the car was listed, down to what gear you are in, and the display was in real time, so, it updates every split second, I had previously downloaded the map for from another 06 owner with similar mods, it was a gamble to do, so I test flashed it first, therefore it did not burn to my ECU immediately. It took about five minutes to relogg, during the proccess, my car shuts off.....my heart sunk. Another few minutes and i start my car back up, it was a bitch to get started, I had to lay down full throttle, but I later learned that this can be due to it running in dianostics mode, so, leaving the car in diagnostics mode, I take it for a test run. Bam, new car. It made an incredible difference, it has more boost in first and second gear( before it would top out in those gears around 8-10 lbs, now it will spool to 13-14), and in all other gears(3,4,5th) i reach almost 16 lbs at around 6500 revs. So, I flashed the map to my ECU permanently, ensured that I had stored the stock ROM in numerous places(friends computers, couple of gig sticks). And now I am delighted to outrun the new mustangs in stop light hero battles. So, however riske' one may feel that this method of tuning is. I feel that it will on be as dangerous as you make it. I researched for a few weeks and talked to others online on this site and the software sites, and felt confident enought o try it. It worked, after two weeks of running this setup, I have datalogged a couple of times, and nothing has gone awry. So, everyone to their own opinion, but with a little effort and 85 dollars, I have engine management.

Tactrix FTW.

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

rexxx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to rexxx
how did u get your map? i was going to do this soon and download the XPT stage 2 map

STG 2,Rotas,STI lip...just like the rest of em
post #3 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I got my maps from the ecuflash site.

Matthew
post #4 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex-ya is more helpful than not
I assume this works on teh STi's too? How easy is it to return to the stock configuration? Do you know if Subaru will be able to tell if the ECU has be flashed? I'm not overly worried about my warranty but if it's untraceable, that will be a big plus.

'06 WRX STi
post #5 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
Its just like a AP, it takes your stock ROM, keeps it in the AP, except here you put it in your computer or so, saved some were multiple times and then you just reflash back to the way it was and a dealer shouldnt be able to see it at all.
post #6 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

to be completely honest, I saved my stock rom a ton of places....for shits and giggles, I uploaded, my car still felt a little more powerful, but that may have been due to the exhaust, I never really had it on without the new map. But yeah, it is pretty user friendly, but do not worry if your car stalls while remapping, it happens every time, and it will be hard to start when in diagnostics mode after the initial first crank.

Matthew
post #7 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

awesome. I'll be ordering my cable monday.

'06 WRX STi
post #8 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
I was going to order it today but I got money going to bills
post #9 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kspec is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05WRX
I was going to order it today but I got money going to bills
I feel your pain. I got the same prob!Cry!
post #10 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 07:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

03'WRXDriva is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to 03'WRXDriva Send a message via Yahoo to 03'WRXDriva
So? A big thumbs up to the tactrix cable and this new software then?
post #11 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

scottstokes1 is an unknown
whats the name of the website where you got the map?
post #12 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

after looking all day, I still can't find and good STi basemaps. for you WRX guys this seems like a great em solution, but i think I'm SOL.

'06 WRX STi
post #13 of 23 Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

ohhNOwrx is an unknown
I just did this to my friends 04, i ordered the map that's tuned for the gm solenoid and he now has about 17 psi in 4th gear and an awesome pull he said he is very happy with this. I paid $25 for the stage 2 map from osecuroms.org, they are new and very suportive in helping you get your car done right, they also have maps for the vf39 upgrade if you want to go that route. Go to their site and check the forums or ask questions. PM ev8siv3 and ask him anything you need he is the one making this maps.
post #14 of 23 Old 01-06-2007, 09:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
Rex-ya...get the cable and the program and get a protune for less than $250...that is the best deal around. Call your local tuners and see if they tune open source.
post #15 of 23 Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

03'WRXDriva is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to 03'WRXDriva Send a message via Yahoo to 03'WRXDriva
You can d/l the maps for free, BUT i jsut tried their site and little behold non work now. i tried www.tactrix.com no luck and the www.openecu.com nope. kinda weird. now i cant afind a single thing on this tactrix cable. except on this foreign website. somebody else try it and keep me informed i was gonna go for it and buy it.

Metroscub do u feel a big improvement in torque now? ohnowrx u said your buddy did and it a big thumbs up. i have all the supporting mods to go with it, but i dont want to do it and go i think it helped. we need a person to try it andget soem dyno results. closest place for me is chicago which is 7 hour drive.