Subaru WRX Forum banner

Starting from scratch...

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
Ok, so when I bought my 2007 WRX, the engine in it had 88k. Well, the engine blew a few days later, insert BS Georgia laws that didn't protect me, and now I am stuck with fixing it. We are going to install a brand new engine. The new short block EJ255 has been ordered, as well as all the other stuff. IE: gaskets, other smaller necessary stuff... I found a TD05 16G turbo for a great price new, but my question would be if there is anything else I need to do along with this: Blow off valve, up pipe, CAI, etc....I definitely planned on getting it tuned afterwards, or would that be necessary seeing as how it is a brand new engine? I'm sure the engine will be strong enough to handle it, but would do I need to add along with it without causing major damage? I'm not a run and gun driver. I'm just an everyday commute to work kind of guy.

#3 ·
That definitely makes sense. I don't plan on gunning the engine very much until I reach at least 1,000 miles, and I figured it wouldnt hurt to go ahead and put a little bigger turbo on it. I'm not much of a tuner, so that is why I came here for more experienced opinions....

#4 · (Edited)
Break in the new motor with no mods. Then with the 16g you'll need fuel pump, injectors, tune and possibly a larger tmic to take advantage of the turbo. No need for a CAI or BOV. Whoever is doing your tuning will have a base map for you to run until you get it tuned. It will basically just be a map that runs wastegate pressure and pig rich.

#6 ·
It will be. It is getting the original EJ255, but I found the TD05 16G at almost the same price as the stock 4, so I figured if it wouldn't hurt it, I would go ahead use it. So if I dont put the TD05 on, yes, it will be completely stock and brand spanking new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.