Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stage 2 Question

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
02 WRX, I am getting an AP in the mail tomorrow morning. My question is would it be wise to run stage 2 map if my car has an aftermarket ebay exhaust and ebay downpipe (both have cats)? Also I think there is aftermarket headers. Just want to be safe. Thank you

#2 ·
Most stage 2 maps are designed for high flow down pipes and cat backs. Even if they are ebay models most OTS stage 2 maps should work fine. I assume that your ebay pipes are high flow? If they were labeled as performance or high flow you should be good to run. I would run a few logs with the stage 2 maps and see how they do. If you want to setup an even better tune shoot Eric at Torqued Performance an email They charge about a hundred bucks to customize a tune specifically for your car. Usually that means more power and a safer engine.

In my opinion your better off running an OTS stage 2 tune than no tune at all with your ebay exhaust setup, better off paying for an e-tune than just the OTS tunes.

#4 ·
I dont know if you can answer this question but, I installed the stage 2 map and had some fun, then maybe an hour later when id hit 3k-4k rpms my car started to buck or studder, after i past those rpms it run ok then start doing it again a little. What could be the problem???? :crying:

#6 ·
the ots stage 2 map is not compatible with the aftermarket headers you have. that is most likely your problem. someone should have told you that. read the "map notes" on the cobb tuning website. if you in fact have those headers you can always get an e tune, so no biggie if thats the case. torqued performance has good customer service.

#9 ·
Here is some background.....I got it in January, The bucking was happening before I got the AP, 2 weeks ago it gave a CEL for a misfire in cylinder 1, and would not hesitate on power when driving, almost like it wanted to die, I couldn't shift past 2nd gear because it would lose all power. I replaced all spark plugs and it was fine. Then the bucking started and my dad (mechanic) hooked up his scanner but there was no codes. He looked at the TPS and it was not functioning right, so we had to replace it and all problems were gone. He also taped up the sensor behind the front passenger wheel because it had burned through the tape or rubber around it. All was good. Today on my way to school the bucking started again, but during my break it seemed to run fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.