Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stage 2 mods?

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
Do I need to delete the cat in my uppipe to go stage 2?
Also is a new downpipe manditory?
05 wrx wagon

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
If it was absolutely necessary Cobb would have it in their map notes which, I saw no mention of. Very very highly suggested but not absolutely necessary, unless I overlooked something in the notes. Personally I would make it my first mod, even before a catback.

#7 ·
People have also lost motors due to advice on Cobb products that they did not give.

It is absolutely required. A catted up-pipe while stock is a bad idea. Higher stage 2 EGTs will eat that cat, and he will end up replacing both it and his turbo sooner rather than later.

#6 ·
A basic Stg. 2 car consists of Turbo back exhaust, which includes, DP and a cat back exhaust. I highly recommend removing the catted up-pipe and replacing it with one from either a 04-07 STI, 06-07 WRX, LGT, FXT or an aftermarket one. Then of course you'll need a tune and how ever you do that is your choice, Cobb AP, Open source or some other form of EM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.