Stage 1 XPT - 2009 STi - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Stage 1 XPT - 2009 STi

Anyone running the stage 1 XPT map for the 08-09 STi? Any comments on this map would be appreciated.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
ratfink was...he'll tell you about it. Nice 09 STI btw. drools....lol
#3 Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
It was on my 08 wrx, but it'd be different for your 09 STi turbo. I will tell you this, it was a FAR smoother map then factory. The 08 factory map was twitch at best, and hard to drive at worst. It had no boost until middle throttle and then it came on all at once. I think they wanted it to "feel" fast. The stage one smoothed out the transition and made the taper longer. You get a bit more boost and a much easier to drive car. I'm not sure how this would be with the STi. For $77 it's well worth it, plus WHEN (and you will) you go stage 2 he discounts the price for you. LOL

BTW Stage 2 on the STi is awesome. hehehe

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#4 Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for the info. I think the base map is a little bit unnatural and I would like a smoother curve as you describe. I will stick with Stage 1 at least until after winter so it is important to me that the stage 1 tune is solid, XPT seems like the way to go. I'm not worried about the money, just wanted a couple anecdotal reviews to put my mind at ease. My wife spent $600 on shoes last Friday, I am seriously considering chloroforming her on her days off.

What exhaust are you running on your stage 2 setup?

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#5 Old 11-02-2009, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

I have the factory CB, anything else is mostly sound as far as I know. I have an ebay Tsudo downpipe with a magna flow cat. I run the XPT stage 2 drop-in filter map. I moved the DP from my 08 rex. I want to try to keep this car as quiet as possible. I carry people quite a bit and don't want the in car noise loud like my rex was.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#6 Old 11-03-2009, 03:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

I have read in a few places that the CB on the 2008-2010 actually increases the backpressure enough that the turbo can't generate the target PSI on most stage 2 maps. Thus the map notes for the Cobb stage 2 map indicate a full TBE instead of just the DP like in the 2002-2007 STI.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#7 Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

I dunno, could be true, but I don't see how. It's 2.5 and reasonably well designed.

Brad