Subaru WRX Forum banner

stage 1 or stage 2??

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dstnbmxvr6 
#1 ·
ok i have a up pipe, 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch cat back with an intake that isnt installed...what stage map should i run? i'd like to run stage 2 but cant find out what mods i need to be able to run it?

#8 ·
Not trying to be an A$$ but this has been discussed alot, and it varies from car to car, and the area you are in. If you get a protune you will also see more of a gain over an OTS map. That also depends on how agressive you get your tune.

#12 ·
Those are crank horsepower ratings, but on there site they show wheel horsepower when you look at the dyno charts and I can't for the life of me remember what type of dyno they were done on.

#13 ·
yeah i was going to say 280 awhp seems really high for just a stg 2, well i got my tbe on and stage 2 done a few weeks ago, I LOVE IT, now i just want to make if faster. i had a lot of problems with boost oscilation when i got it reflashed. i tried adjusting the wastegate arm and it didnt work it just increased the spike or decreased it accordingly not fixing the oscillation, so i just went with a mbc set at 15, being careful of the ptfb issue. i know i could ###### turn it up a little b/c i run 93 octane but im just going to wait until i can do some logging. and also invest in a wideband o2, where would anyone reccomend putting the probe at? could i put it right after the turbo on my dp? thnkx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.