perrin divorced wastegate downpipe,
magnaflow jdm catback,
intake silencer delete,
stock intercooler, stock turbo,
stock injectors, stock fuel pump
gfb 100%atmospheric bov (i know its bad),
cobb v2 accessport,
grimmspeed upipie with 38mm External wasegate,
and the tuner installed a fore manual boost controller.

I brought the car to ICS in stamford connecticut and got a "big al" tune. he is pretty well known around my area and has about 200 vids on youtube of all the cars he tuned. pretty amazing stuff like 300-1000 hp evos and beamers and 400-700 hp stis.

the car made 247 whp and 258 wtq on a dynojet dyno.

The curve is actually really nice, the tq peaks at 3 and lasts till 5.3 and the hp peaks
at 5.2 and lasts til 6.5. ill upload a scan of it asap
The tuner said that it is proably the most powerful stock turbo wrx he has seen. He also said that the External wastegate definitely helped me out contrary to what i have previously heard. He told me that my injectors are running really close to full capacity and so is my fuel pump. However, i plan on doing an evoIII 16g as soon as the money presents itself so i want to wait til i can get the injectos intercooler fuel pump and turbo as well as some gauges before i bring it for a retune. the only problem that i had was that they charged me 25 dollars for 2 hoses to connect the wastegate to the manual boost controller and they charged me 95 dollars worth of labor to do all that. but the car really does sound and feel great and i love it when that external wastegate comes on. it freaking screams.

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice numbers. I'm curious about your downpipe.

Is that the 2 piece catted DP from Perrin?
One piece catted DP from Perrin?
Or Catless?

I'd like to go with the 2 piece multi-cat DP and I'm looking for anybody that has it. I do not want to go catless for legality, environment, smell, etc.

Thanks

#9 ·
its a one peice divorced wastegate catless downpipe. i found it used for 200$ but I have seen it as low as 150$. I went catless because it was cheaper and easier, and i liked the idea of spitting flames out of the exhaust. I also really really liked the smell and with the cobb ap, legality is not an issue.

#11 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I ran 5.0 Mustang without cats for a while in college. It totally smelled like @$$ and the ladies weren't impressed. Once I put high flow cats on I got it on the dyno again and only lost 3HP!

I'd also like to keep the noise down a bit. Once I get the Perrin on I'll write a review.

#12 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I ran 5.0 Mustang without cats for a while in college. It totally smelled like @$$ and the ladies weren't impressed. Once I put high flow cats on I got it on the dyno again and only lost 3HP!
It'll actually cost you less on a subaru with half that displacement. It's not putting out as much gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.