Silly Question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Babyshoes is an unknown
Silly Question

So after reading up, ive found that a tune is most likely what I need to solve my MAF (Too lean) code from my CAI. The guy who had the car put a CAI and exhaust on the car but i have no idea what kind of CAI or what all the exhaust involves. But anyways, on to the question which may be somewhat dumb, but if i get this thing tuned for my current setup and reset/unplug the battery for one reason or another and let it reset, is that going to reset everything back to stock, which means ill have to pay to get it tuned again? or will the computer remember the tuning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
No, the main map goes in the part of memory that is static, it is "burnt" in. Only a reflash would change the tune.
#3 Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
There are two kinds of maps. Realtime and Reflash. Realtime will basically be what your car adjusts to your driving habits and can be lost when you pull the power off the battery terminals. The reflash can not be lost unless you flash a new tune or if the reflash memory some how gets screwed up. Which wouldn't be the easiest thing to do because it would have to out right fail or fail while flashing a new tune onto it. Hope that helps.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#4 Old 11-16-2011, 05:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just put the stock air intake on it and save yourself alot of hassle.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...