Subaru WRX Forum banner

Safe to go Stage 2?

14K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  the RIOT act 
#1 ·
So I've just broken 1000 miles and I've got all the parts needed to go stage 2, but I just wanna make sure my engine is as ready to play as I am lol! I've never gone so long without ANY mods in my life and I really need my fix! Can I play coach can I play?!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
I am a 2013 owner as well and from what I could find, you are correct the "break in" period is 1k miles. But It says the first oil change isn't required until 7.5k miles. Subaru told me this as well. 2013 Subaru maintenance schedule and new car break-in period

I personally waited until 3k miles until I started adding parts on the car, but again that is just my preference... If nothing else you could add the parts and drive around for a bit before you get the tune.
Hope this helps.

#21 ·
HAHA I need to update my own mod list. I put that together before I got my car. It was my "wish list" I still want them but I am too busy trying to get money together for other mods.
All I have right now is a blue cobb shift knob, a cobb catback exhaust. and some weathertech floor mats (if you can say that the fist and the last are a mod) lol

#25 ·
The reason to wait until you change the oil. Is to flush out any little shavings from the brand new motor out. There has to be some little wear in on the metal of a brand new engine...even to the smallest degree that little metal flakes could possibly be floating around in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.