RomRaider doesnt want to work - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge10 View Post
I guess Im looking for a base map...But what would be better? I want to learn how to do it, I just dont want to email it to some shop and them magically make it better without me know what even happened.
Read through this and it will give you an idea of how to tune your car on your own. You will need a wide band O2 to do it, but it's worth the investment to avoid a costly engine rebuild should you make a mistake....
This is a tuning guide written by people who have or do tune there own car. It's alot of reading, but very much worth it. I could set you up with a base map I just need to know what you have done to your car.

https://sites.google.com/site/asubie...gguide/ver-1-0

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
Thank you very much. Your a big help. TurboXS turbo-back exhaust and a Cobb intake.
#18 Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Okay so a basic Stg. 2 then. I don't mind helping others out. I started off the same way and it pretty much sucked from the get go....LOL I will get you a map together and let you know. I am still at work right at the moment so it might be tomorrow before I get it.

Beside I have to help out a fellow Floridan. I was born and raised in Clearwater, FL. Lived there for 24 years before moving to Ohio...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#19 Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
Alright, sounds good! And thats funny cause Im a little south from clearwater now lol. My dad is from Ohio, Dayton area, and that climate change kills me, theres NO sun! But yeah, theres no rush for me.

And gauges, I was looking a Prosport. Is that a good choice?
#20 Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge10 View Post
Alright, sounds good! And thats funny cause Im a little south from clearwater now lol. My dad is from Ohio, Dayton area, and that climate change kills me, theres NO sun! But yeah, theres no rush for me.

And gauges, I was looking a Prosport. Is that a good choice?
That would be the one things I can't answer oddly enough. I have been running the same Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges for the last 7-8 years...So I guess that says something good about them.

I've been to Dayton a few times, mostly for Suby meets. Nice area, but not many jobs anymore.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#21 Old 06-26-2011, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
So I went to go log and in RomRaider, nothing comes up in the COM Port. The right hand corner just says "stopped". I selected all the parameters but when I push "Log to file", it just gives me a CSV file of parameters and thats it, it doesnt log. I read my ECU just before that so it was connected, I just turned the car off, unplugged the green connectors, and turned it back on. Why doesnt it show up in the COM Ports?
#22 Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
you need to swtich the program to USB

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#23 Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ridge10 is an unknown
Garage
How?...
#24 Old 06-29-2011, 06:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

For the record watch this guys video to give you an idea of how to log...

Oh for the record he says Enginuity, but it Romraider just an older video..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...