Reflash to Chipped - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Scooby2006 is an unknown
Angry Reflash to Chipped

Hey guys i was just wondering about this.. I had my sti Tunned with an open reflash. Pretty much they put the laptop to the ECU and reflash it.. Now my car is really F'ed up from this i cant even put full throttle in 4th 5th and 6th gear.. So would it be bad to go to another shop and have the Cobb AP with protune will fix that problem..This problem only happens in those gears or when the car is under a heavy load.. im boosting to 19psi but it spikes in thoughs three gears. i dont want to screw anything up but im tyred of not being able to floor my last three gears....... Will this fix my problem....... i do have a boost controller to regulate my pressure so i dont have a drop.. what do you guys think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
You don't chip OBD II Subaru's.The Cobb AP is still flashing the ECU.Why don't you just take the car back to who ever flashed it and have them fix the tune.Your getting alittle ahead of yourself.Sometimes custom tuning needs some after tweaking.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 7 Old 01-17-2008, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Scooby2006 is an unknown
the only thing is the tuner came to my house and re tunned it it was put back on a dyno 3 times and still the same thing.. I want to change the tunner but i also want to go with the cobb ap so what do you think i should do.. Just go with the ap and another company and have them fix the problem
post #4 of 7 Old 01-18-2008, 07:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Just so you know the AP won't fix the problem. If you really want an AP though they are a great little gaget. Did you get someone local up here? Or just an Amateur? I would let the person who tuned it know it's running like that if you haven't already and see if they can fix the problem. If that's not working I'd say yes find another tuner. XXtuning is in weathersfield right around Hartford man they can tune you up on the dyno.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #5 of 7 Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Try getting a tune from DTRacing™ ::# Custom Tuning Services## “Get a Dom Tune!”® It should help you out quite a bit. Sounds to me like they didn't do a very good job tuning if your having issues of that nature.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2008, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Scooby2006 is an unknown
i went to swift motorsport in niantic.. im going to xx tunning though from now on and im going to get the ap so they will put my car back to stock settings then protune my car from their.. but my cars in the shop right now so i have time to shop around and see who will do the best job
post #7 of 7 Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
im planning on going to swift to have my car tuned with open ecu and have a custom built map flashed. why did you have so many issues with yours? who came out to your house and flashed? how come they didnt tune you on the dyno!?