Subaru WRX Forum banner

Quick Log Analysis?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a noob and just got my Cobb AP and was wondering if anyone would help me by very briefly looking at a few log files I made. I followed the directions on the Cobb website: 3rd gear, 2500 RPM to Redline. I did 2 logs each for stock, Stage 1 normal wg, and Stage 1 high wg. Target boost 15, tapering to 13. I'm at high altitude (~4500 ft), so I think the high wg is appropriate. My car is bone stock, now with an AP. It's a brand new '13 WRX Hatch with ~2000 miles.

My beginner analysis, based on the Cobb site, is the stock and normal wg maps aren't producing enough boost. Stock was an average of ~2 PSI off. DAM was good, stayed at 1. A/F was 0, so good. Feedback knock stayed at 0; however, Fine Knock had some values at the end, but they were decreasing, so OK??

Stage 1 normal wg was very similar to stock, though the boost increased slightly. A/F, DAM and feedback knock were good (0/1/0), but fine knock again showed some values, though decreasing.

Stage 1 high wg was my favorite. Boost was right on target, A/F, DAM and feedback knock all good (0/1/0), but saw some fine knock values again, though less than the other two maps.

Suggestions? And thank you all for your help :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
All looks normal to me..... The altitude is what's holding it back a bit.

Looked at the others as well, why are COBB's maps advancing timing so much? >17* is nuts.

I'd stick with the 2nd HWG log. Can you add vehicle speed as well in the logs?

Looks like there is def some more power to be had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.