Questions regarding GMBCS - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Stickied this thread since it's packed full of useful info. Keep it up guys!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

autonuerotic is an unknown
The map was good enough to get me to Vegas... but I havent had the chance to log it yet. I got on it a couple times (I know I should be logging) to get around some cars. In first gear I think Ive seen it spike to 23-25psi, settle stay around 19-20psi. I need to log, make a few adjustments and make sure Im not knocking. Lately Ive been a little busy with work and school. Ill update here soon...

Mark my words somethings bound to break...
#18 Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Log screen shots...

I finally took a log from around 2k up to redline in third gear. The screen shots are pieced together so that everything is visable. I flashed at a truck stop so it was a fresh flash, put it in third getting on the on ramp and did a pull, the IAM stayed at 16... I reduced boost a little from the original map... this is on my trip to Vegas for New Years last night.... Is there anything anyone notices that I should be brought to my attention?
Attached Images

#19 Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I can't read that. Way too small. If you want email me the logs. From what I can read there I don't see any knock. Why aren't you using RomRaider's logger? The Tari software is outdated.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#20 Old 12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

I havent figured out how to view the logs with Rom Raider, so I use Tari to view them... As far as knock goes, are you comparing base and total timing?

#21 Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by autonuerotic View Post
As far as knock goes, are you comparing base and total timing?
No like I said I can't see these very well so I can't look at the map and compare them, but it looks like you have zero's in the feedback knock correction and the fine learning knock correction. You need to open the romraider logs in excel or another spreadsheet program. You won't be able to view them with the program itself.

If you want me to look at the logs better email me the .csv file.

#22 Old 12-30-2008, 09:22 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by autonuerotic View Post
I havent figured out how to view the logs with Rom Raider, so I use Tari to view them...
Romraider logs are viewed the same way as Ecuexplorer,just before you log select a file to log to you can find.The default I believe is the Rom Raider program file.Knock correction vs rpm and IAM are the basic ways of finding knock.The best way is to use a tool found on Rom Raider called "learning view".It automatically will show a 3D map plotting load vs rpm vs FLKC(fine learned knock correction) as well as correction data for fueling.Very,very helpful tuning tool

RomRaider • View topic - Learning View (version 0.4a 10-31-08)

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#23 Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
I am in an '09 WRX (not STI) with the cat back exhaust and the downpipe in the mail. The tuner is waiting for me to get over there and have at the beast, but I'm somewhat intimidated by upgrading the BCS. It sounds good and is a cheap & easy mod, but is it really worth it? I'd like to know if it's really safe for the car since I don't race it (yet...) and hear you can pretty much do the same things with the stock BCS. My soon to be tuner is all about the GrimmSpeed EBCS so I got one, but don't know if it's worth installing. Just looking for some confirmation that this is a good thing with a stage 2 exhaust and stock everything else, or do I need a bigger turbo, better intercooler, intake, ect. before this becomes worthwhile for function.
#24 Old 08-01-2009, 06:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin'Joe View Post
I am in an '09 WRX (not STI) with the cat back exhaust and the downpipe in the mail. The tuner is waiting for me to get over there and have at the beast, but I'm somewhat intimidated by upgrading the BCS. It sounds good and is a cheap & easy mod, but is it really worth it? I'd like to know if it's really safe for the car since I don't race it (yet...) and hear you can pretty much do the same things with the stock BCS. My soon to be tuner is all about the GrimmSpeed EBCS so I got one, but don't know if it's worth installing. Just looking for some confirmation that this is a good thing with a stage 2 exhaust and stock everything else, or do I need a bigger turbo, better intercooler, intake, ect. before this becomes worthwhile for function.
Check your PM's. I sent you a link to an article.

It is worthwhile and easy to do, especially if your tuner likes them. You can do the same things with the stock BCS but aftermarket is better at it.

I DD my STI with a GrimmSpeed BCS. It is safe for the car.