Question regarding Accessport with my mods - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BlkonBlkwrx is an unknown
Question regarding Accessport with my mods

I have recently put the grimmspeed tumble housing delete, intake manifold port and polish, and the exhaust manifold port and polish on my car. I have cobb accessport V2 and im running the 93 octane stage 2 mode. I was wondering if this is ok. I had to adjust my waste gate due to the port and polish on the exhaust manifold causing the boost to spike. Im now hitting the standard 16.5 psi again but I wanted to hear your guys opinion.

Im planning on getting it tuned eventually by ams in chicago because I have the vf34 and sti pinks, but i wanted to know if running it as is now will cause any damage for the time being.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-14-2009, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
I would not run stage 2 with your mods. Stage 2 is ment to have stock injectors and stock turbo and no tumble housing delete, intake manifold port and polish and manifold port and polish . if I was you I would get your car tuned ASAP. you could be doing damage to your car because it thinks its running the stock stuff and your not running that.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-14-2009, 11:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
doesnt cobb have a VF34 map would ###### be safer to at least run that untill a tune?
post #4 of 7 Old 05-15-2009, 08:01 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkonBlkwrx View Post
I have recently put the grimmspeed tumble housing delete, intake manifold port and polish, and the exhaust manifold port and polish on my car. I have cobb accessport V2 and im running the 93 octane stage 2 mode. I was wondering if this is ok. I had to adjust my waste gate due to the port and polish on the exhaust manifold causing the boost to spike. Im now hitting the standard 16.5 psi again but I wanted to hear your guys opinion.

Im planning on getting it tuned eventually by ams in chicago because I have the vf34 and sti pinks, but i wanted to know if running it as is now will cause any damage for the time being.
Are the TGV deletes not giving you a CEL?There are like 12 DTC's associated with the TGV's.I would be carefull going WOT untill you get the car tuned.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #5 of 7 Old 05-15-2009, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

spt pitbull is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed344 View Post
doesnt cobb have a VF34 map would ###### be safer to at least run that untill a tune?
what he said
post #6 of 7 Old 05-16-2009, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BlkonBlkwrx is an unknown
I have cobb accessport tuner race i forgot to mention this and I have disabled the tgv codes. I talked to a guy from grimmspeed and he told me what to do so I could run it with these mods. Im still learning how to use it and right now im not running the car. I dont know how i feel about this so im going to jorge from p & l and see what he says.

I didnt make something clear also, I only have my upipe, turboback and cobb short ram intake on the car right now. The port and polished manifolds and tumbler housing delete are also on the car. The vf 34 and pinks are not install yet I simply have them in my possession sorry if that wasnt clear.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-16-2009, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
Oh I see. well install them and get a tune and enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement