Subaru WRX Forum banner

A Question from a Mazdaspeed 3 Owner

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and don't own a WRX, but have a Speed3. I wanted to ask you guys if you have any experience with Cobb and their Accessport. We have been waiting for Cobb to release the AP for our car for some time now. At this point, I'm just curious about what kinds of experiences you all have had with it. So here's a couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

1. How much of a gain does the Stage 1 Package have over stock.

2. If you have a cold air intake, since there isn't a map for this, will you still see the same gains from this intake with the Stage 1 Map loaded. In other words, say the CAI makes 5 hp on a stock WRX, then is it still going to make the same hp on a Stage 1 WRX?

Overall, do you feel like the AP would be a good investment for someone with very minimal mods who is only going to run the Stage 1 tune?

Appreciate any advice from you guys.

#2 ·
I have had the Cobb AP at stage one on my car for about 4 or so months before deployed. It made a great difference in power and the delivery of it. I like how easy it is to use, and the features for it. I even got beter gas mileage on my car running the stage one map. But as far as intakes go, they dont do much for our cars unless you are starting to push over HP, and cold air isnt a good idea on our cars unless you are tuned for it, or running the bigger turbo in most cases. If you got any more questions feel free to ask, this is a great place with very helpful people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.