Question about uninstalling AP, then re-installing flashing... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subxero is an unknown
Question about uninstalling AP, then re-installing flashing...

Can uninstalling, then re-installing and flashing back to same map before uninstall cause car to run differently on same map?

So got WRX back in May? sounds about right. After a bit i got AP and flashed ECU. Car ran great, noticeable gains. My MPG was awesome, i could find a sweet spot in 5th right around 3k rpm and the car would just float, 30mpg at 70ish give or take.

So i took car in for first service and uninstalled AP. Got car back and re installed and flashed the ECU back to Stage 1. The car felt snappy, maybe even more snappy than before off the bat. Did not think much of it. Was curious and ran some data logs, to my untrained eye everything seemed normal.

After a while of driving i noticed my MPG was way down. Was easily averaging 24-25mph with mix highway city and not ####y footing around the whole time either before i did uninstall re-install. Now i was in the 21 mpg avg range and i was even trying on the highway to keep mpg up.

So it feels like the car runs a little different and efficiency may support my claim?

anyone experience anything like this before? Is it just my car breaking in, difference in what my stock ECU had learned? IDK

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The ecu was relearning.

Yeah, not sure for the few days after a flash the car feels different. Relearning, I'm sure.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Ya, it's relearning.

And there is no point to uninstalling the map for service.