Optimal stock A/f ratio under boost - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXGurl is an unknown
Optimal stock A/f ratio under boost

Okay so I've been searching this topic and find a lot about tuning this but not what the stock numbers should be... I have an 03 WRX stock EJ20 and just a few mods (cobb catback, up pipe, BOV, EGT delete, Turbo Timer). I recently replaced my o2 sensors and was finally able to access my ecu readouts through a cable and monitoring program. Under normal cruising conditions I'm great at 14.7/14.8... but under 14LBS boost I'm only dropping to say 14.2? This to me screams way too lean but I'm used to tuning my old supra... Is this ok or do I need to reflash before I destroy my motor?

Car has 180,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-05-2011, 08:58 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Not sure how much "tuning" you have done but for any car that is way to lean at WOT. Doesn't matter Toyota,Dodge,Audi whether it was N/A or forced induction. AT WOT in Openloop you should see between 11.5:1-10:1 depending on what your ROM is tuned for. What "cable and program" are you using? And reflashing is going to help if it a mechanical problem. No offense but if your trying to tune this youself it doesn't really sound like you really have the basic fundamentals down.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXGurl is an unknown
I'm not trying to tune it myself, I was trying to see what I should be at. Whatever it is set at is how it was when I bought it... My boyfriend has ECU tracker SE and the program simply monitors, not programs. I just felt that this was way too lean and am trying to figure out if I should have a pro reflash it for me. My boyfriends 2.5RS is at 13.5 at WOT and runs just fine, but to me a boosted car has no business being this lean under 14lbs. I have no CEL and no mechanical problems that I am aware of.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-06-2011, 10:58 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
By mechanical problem I mean something like failing fuel pump or faulty fuel pressure regulator. You won't get a CEL for those.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #5 of 6 Old 03-06-2011, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRXGurl is an unknown
didn't think about those possibilities.. What's the best way to go about diagnosing something like this?
post #6 of 6 Old 03-06-2011, 12:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
buy a fuel pressure gauge

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt