Subaru WRX Forum banner

Opensourced over the internet?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
I hear a lot of good things about Torqued Performance but I'm skeptical about someone tuning my car over the internet. Thoughts? Experiences?

#3 ·
+1 for a wideband. I wouldn't get a e-tune without one. With that said, torqued performance is good and has a good reputation. Another good one is Ron or mikey of phatbotti tuning. I don't have any trustworthy tuners near me and had to go the e-tune route. No complaints here. Im happy with the end result.

#4 ·
No I don't have a wideband yet. I'm buying one maybe today. Problem is I want the prosport a/f ratio gauge with a dial to match my turbo gauge. It would be a nice clean look but not very precise. And yes I have a tuner that close but it's 3 times the cost. Is it worth 3 times the cost?

#5 ·
Prosport gauges are pretty consistently terrible products, and for some reason their wideband gauge is not much cheaper than the repubable ones. You should be looking at Innovate, AEM, or PLX wideband gauges. W/Bs are required for e-tuning as the stock O2 sensor is no longer accurate enough for logging purposes once you hit boost.

And if your local tuner charged $250 for a dyno tune, that's a steal. E-Tuning will always be sub par to tuning in person due to lack of attention to detail. Plainly put, e-tuners tend to be making adjustments on several tunes at once and can miss things that you would only notice being in the car during the pulls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.