Opensource Read Up.. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-30-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Opensource Read Up..

Okay I hope that a mod will make this a sticky so that the information is right at hand for the people wanting to know where to find this software. I have also updated the links for the tuning software.

First off you will need to register at these sites to download the software need to reflash your ECU. Here is a list of the websites and what you will find there:

Main Page - OpenECU ---Here you will find the ECUFlash program to reflash your ECU

tactrix ----Here you will find the cable and flash block(if needed) for reflashing.

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Reading and Reflashing ECUs Using ECUFlash ---Here you will find the walk through to guide you through the reflash process.

RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | RomRaider / Rom Raider ---If you are feeling froggy enough to attempt to tune your maps yourself the goto this website for the Engiunity(which is now romraider) software.

Open Source ECU ROMS ---Here you will find the free stage maps, plus a XTP maps that you have to pay for.

Now this isn't a complete guide to this nor is this a complete list of the opensource software that is available, you have options this is just what I have used and if anyone would like to add to this list please PM me or add it in another post. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will reply as soon as I can. Thanks again for reading this and I hope this helps everyone out.
CAUTION:
Okay just to add this in here after reading a few post below(thanks dumdum and Lil Shoaf)Please remember to use caution when using these programs and what ever you do please ask all the question you must before tuning, it is easy to use yet also easy to nuke a motor all in one foul swoop. There are people on here, myself included, that are here to help you along as best we can. If you feel that you are not up to doing this type of reflash/tuning then please find another method until you feel comfortable with using this software. As another option if someone lives close by you that has experience with using this software ask them to show you how and teach you from there experiences. The best way is hands on. Okay enough blabaling for now.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 03-05-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Added new stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
psinuse you the man. whoooot whoooot

thanks,
post #3 of 25 Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
Lightbulb sticky me please

make it a sticky he helped me figure it all out

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
post #4 of 25 Old 04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
cant figure out how to read and save original ecu 2007 tr
post #5 of 25 Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 PM
XRT
WRXtuners Member

XRT is an unknown
Excellent job man!
post #6 of 25 Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.lshoc
cant figure out how to read and save original ecu 2007 tr
Do you have a log of what the ECU is telling the computer? Do you have the green connectors plugged in?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #7 of 25 Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
psinuse. i sent you a messege. i am having a little issue here.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

White GDA is an unknown
Excellent stuff psinuse!
post #9 of 25 Old 04-08-2007, 07:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
I am beginning to tune my own car with my UTEC, and really it is not rocket science. There are tons of guides out there to learn with, and starting with a basemap it really is not that hard...
post #10 of 25 Old 04-10-2007, 06:13 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I cleaned this up to get it back on topic.. The threads that I deleted for those who didn't see them were simply debates about using this or any other self tuning software..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #11 of 25 Old 04-28-2007, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

chevarian113 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to chevarian113
When ordering, do I need to get the one with the 2 reflash connectors? (it says 01-05 and I have the 07 2.5)
I just ask because why spend the money if it is not needed.

Thanks!
post #12 of 25 Old 04-28-2007, 02:39 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
The 06 and 07's donot need the reflash blocks connectors.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #13 of 25 Old 06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

0fourSTI is an unknown
where do the reflash connectors go is it important? i got an 04 sti and i just plugged in the green connectors lastnite and everything seemed to be ok
post #14 of 25 Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0fourSTI View Post
where do the reflash connectors go is it important? i got an 04 sti and i just plugged in the green connectors lastnite and everything seemed to be ok
The 16 bit ECU's need them (02-05 WRX).The 32bit ECU's do not(04+STi/06+WRX).

post #15 of 25 Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
WRXpert

This should maybe go up into Psinuses thread start.This is exactly what you need to read before starting.
http://www.enginuity.org/Documentation/EnginuityFAQ
http://www.enginuity.org/Documentation/TuningFAQ
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/ECU