OPENSOURCE HOW TO: Flash your ecu useing opensource software - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
What do you mean it hasn't registered that the file exhists?Are you getting an "error:" or you just can't find the file?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

medic195 is an unknown
just got my cable and am about to go upload stage one
post #18 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
im planning on doing some tuning on my car.... is there a good write up some where to tell me what to look for when logging thing to adjust how much to adjust it ect....
post #19 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
What do you mean it hasn't registered that the file exhists?Are you getting an "error:" or you just can't find the file?
No error. Okay, so you buy the map, download it from the site to your computer, it asks you where to put it, you save it, then save the xml file to the C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\wrx, then go out to your car, hook everything up (tactrix, green connector (my06) and open ecuflash. When you open ecuflash, then read your ecu, then go to "Open ROM" , there is no ROM to open. So I go and try to manually open it and still , nada. I have had a similar problem every time I buy a map, but after all is said and done , it turns out okay and I really have no idea what has just happened (magic?)
So ,I ended up getting it to work last night around 11:30. I ended up uninstalling ecuflash, sending the zip file over to my other computer and deleting it from my laptop. I then downloaded ecuflash and resent the zip to my laptop, and instead of immediately saving it, I just opened it and extracted the entire zip to my documents and settings folder and then from there was able to save the xml to the program files folder. Flashed the ecu and BAM

BTW, my car is now very fast

BJJ for the win!
post #20 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

medic195 is an unknown
stage one is in and not much of a change but u can feel it i like next when i install stage 2 do i remove stage one or just write over it let me know and thanks wrxgtr for the help hope u can keep helping
post #21 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic195 View Post
stage one is in and not much of a change but u can feel it i like next when i install stage 2 do i remove stage one or just write over it let me know and thanks wrxgtr for the help hope u can keep helping
same thing you did when you flashed stage 1. You read your ecu, then Open Rom and select which map/Rom you want to flash, in this case it will be stage 2, you select that Rom and then write to ecu. Or you can test write to ecu to make sure there are no fatal errors and then write to ecu.

BJJ for the win!
post #22 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by BithellWgn06 View Post
No error. Okay, so you buy the map, download it from the site to your computer, it asks you where to put it, you save it, then save the xml file to the C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\wrx, then go out to your car, hook everything up (tactrix, green connector (my06) and open ecuflash. When you open ecuflash, then read your ecu, then go to "Open ROM" , there is no ROM to open. So I go and try to manually open it and still , nada. I have had a similar problem every time I buy a map, but after all is said and done , it turns out okay and I really have no idea what has just happened (magic?)
So ,I ended up getting it to work last night around 11:30. I ended up uninstalling ecuflash, sending the zip file over to my other computer and deleting it from my laptop. I then downloaded ecuflash and resent the zip to my laptop, and instead of immediately saving it, I just opened it and extracted the entire zip to my documents and settings folder and then from there was able to save the xml to the program files folder. Flashed the ecu and BAM

BTW, my car is now very fast
With any outside maps(XPT) you need to also put the definition in the defintions folder for Enginuity.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #23 of 46 Old 05-24-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
ecuflash or enginuity can only read hex(ROM) files they cannot read zipped files so when you do download a zipped file you must unzip it to even see it with these programs

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
post #24 of 46 Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

medic195 is an unknown
thanks for the info mr bithellwgn06 should go stage 2 in a few weeks
post #25 of 46 Old 05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
With any outside maps(XPT) you need to also put the definition in the defintions folder for Enginuity.
Did not need to do this. It atomatically transfers defs through the xml file.
Thanks for your help BTW. Always appreciated, dumdum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgtr View Post
ecuflash or enginuity can only read hex(ROM) files they cannot read zipped files so when you do download a zipped file you must unzip it to even see it with these programs
I think this was exactly my problem. When I end up finally figuring out what I did to flash the map, I am tired as hell and have been working at it for hours. That combined with my minimal computer skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic195 View Post
thanks for the info mr bithellwgn06 should go stage 2 in a few weeks
you are quite welcome, sir!
Keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

BJJ for the win!
post #26 of 46 Old 06-02-2007, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

EVOeater22 is an unknown
Where exactly is the flash block placed? I have the Tactrix cable. I have a 2004 WRX. Do I still need to connect the green wires together also...in addition to the flash block?
post #27 of 46 Old 06-02-2007, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

3gsucks is an unknown
for the 06-07 wrx owners what maps are you using?
post #28 of 46 Old 06-02-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
most of us are useing gabes r29 or bradens r17 stage1 maps and xpt stage 2 maps

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
post #29 of 46 Old 06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blue07Rex is an unknown
^ Yeah, I flashed Gabe's R29 last Sunday, it's great. It runs better than stock in almost every way . Sounds cliche, but the power curve is 'smooth as butter'.

Thanks for this writeup, it definetly made my first reflash alot easier to (get past the fear to) do.
post #30 of 46 Old 06-24-2007, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Novtec1 is more helpful than not
have a ?

i have ecu flash but i used it on my evo. i know i have to get another cable but is there a way to switch from evo to sti. i've tried before and it won't switch over.

07 UGM STI
07 WRB FORESTER XT <--WIFES
03 SY WRX <--THE DD