open source tuner - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-25-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awdturb
open source tuner

Hello everyone im looking for someone who has a open source bundle and the tuner soft wear to tune a 2002 wrx with stage 2 mods and a couple extras. I would pay cash by the hour or for the tune you can decide. I live in Philadelphia Pa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxgtr is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to wrxgtr
check this out OPENSOURCE HOW TO: Flash your ecu useing opensource software then you can try an internet tune from
555motorsports.net or getadomtune.com until you get to a dyno

MIKE
TUNED BY 555 MOTORSPORTS
visit me @ www.myspace.com/subienews
post #3 of 10 Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I dont think Dom is doing tunes. Thats just the rumor I heard, havent been to the site to verify. Getadometune.com is the place to check out to see if he is still doing it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 10 Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
PDX still does this, right?

awdturb, there's an AWD dyno out in phoenixville but I've not had the best dealings with that shop. They might have gotten better though, worth a look. Last time I talked to them, they went on for a long time about how crappy the AP was and how I should totally use ECUTEK. "No thanks, I don't like being without an ECU while you ship it back and forth. I also want to be able to change my maps without paying you guys even more money"

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #5 of 10 Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
yeah really. they were just promoting ecutek so they could make some extra coin...the reason im looking more open source is the flexibility and the cost. seems with the Ap i have to follow a up grade map witch i have already strayed from and they are a lil pricey right now. i also like the more do it your self set up. anyone have any comments on AP vs. open source?
post #6 of 10 Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
AP is great for those that really have no interest in tuning their own vehicle and feel more comfortable purchasing something with a warrenty and customer support.They just want to buy it,flash it and be done with it.It is pretty cool that Cobb is now giving out a beta version of Street Tuner for free with the AP purchase.This would allow you to tweak your maps and log as well.Still need a laptop.Biggest difference is the ability to tune in "realtime".You can see changes instantly with out having to reflash the car everytime you make a small change.Opensource doesnot have this ability.

Opensource is great for those more mechaniclly inclined and require less constant supervision and support.You are using a free software program at your own risk.There is no warrenty with either Romraider or Ecuflash and they are not required to give any kind of customer support in any way(as it was free).That being said,the software is very powerfull and can do some pretty amazing things(MAF and injector scaler tool,Launch control patch,learning veiw tool..).There are alot of people on the Romraider forum that are very helpfull in helping you troubleshoot problems and answer questions.You can either start from scratch,use a "base map" off the forums or purchase a custom tuned map from a Opensource tuner (etune or dyno).Alot of tuners do remote(etunes) tuning.You list all your mods,they make a map and send it to you.You flash it and log the car using the parameters they request and you send them the log.They retweak the map as needed and send it back.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #7 of 10 Old 09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah Dominic is pretty much done tuning, he is only doing a few a month. I talked to him a few days ago and he said he wanted to do tuning for fun and it kinda turned into a full time job.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #8 of 10 Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
so the ap with the street tuner is kinda the deal..best of both maybe a little better with the real time tuning??
post #9 of 10 Old 09-26-2008, 03:06 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdturb View Post
so the ap with the street tuner is kinda the deal..best of both maybe a little better with the real time tuning??
Not price wise..

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #10 of 10 Old 09-26-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
yeah very true. i guess you get what you pay for though. dumdum what front lip is that?? looks good