Subaru WRX Forum banner

Open Source n00b - With logs!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dork Thirty 
#1 ·
Het, all! I have a 2002 WRX that I picked up a little over a year ago with the following mods:
-EJ22T with WRX heads and STi internals
-Vf34
-FMIC (looks like a generic)
-TurboXS BOV
-ACT sprung 6-puck with lightened flywheel
-Cryo-treated RA gearset (JDM 1-4, USDM 5)
-DW300lph fuel pump
-COBB SR intake
-Handful of other stuff that doesn't matter.

So, the car came with what the seller said was a base tune to get it running. Me in my utter noobishness thought that meant that it was just a weak tune and hadn't been dialed in. Fast forward to when I got serious about getting the car set up for E85. I've done a few small things to it, like installed the DW300 pump and put in some gauges. The last two things I have to do are install the wideband (should be done this weekend) and then a set of DW1300 injectors I have. I got to logging after getting my Tactrix cable and all of the software set up, and this was my WOT pull in 3rd gear:
3rd Gear WOT Run

:eek:

Yeah. So I decided to get a safe tune put on it. I put this together (after much reading and research):
View attachment 91-430cc (1).hex.zip

I can attach screenshots later if necessary (can't right now; on my work computer). Basically, I rescaled the MAF based on this thread (using the MAF hack to let it scale at 0.5), richened the AFR for open loop, scaled back timing, and set all WGDC to 0. I also had it start at IAM of 16. These are the subsequent logs (first just tooling around, second up to ~3700 RPM at ~30% throttle):
Log 1
Log 2

IAM is still dropping, I'm getting some knock low down, and it's running stupid rich. I meant it to be rich, but this is like Oprah rich. Oil sheik rich. I was going for more doctor or dentist rich.

I'm admittedly a total n00b, so where do I go from here? I was thinking of rescaling the MAF to stock values as it's still a 65mm housing and seeing where that leaves me, but I'm also thinking there's maybe more to this than I can see. What else ought I be checking, and what might I be missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.