Subaru WRX Forum banner

open source Launch Control

24K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  basco 
#1 · (Edited)
didnt know where to put this but figured this was the best spot

just got launch control using ecu flash and enginuity...

YouTube - Launch Control WRX

this guy from this one site has patches that u can download to get LC with your stock ecu and ECU Flash...comes with directions and everything...really easy!!

--------->tinywrex<----------- go here

figured someone was looking for something like this so here ya go

#3 ·
Could someone explain exactly what launch control is? I thought it was just setting an rpm limit through the ecu for launching.

That video shows his boost building up and staying...how does that work? When i rev the engine to a high rpm and keep it there my boost doesn't build. Is it somekind of anti-lag also? Thanks

#5 ·
i think i understand what it is, it's a type of mod u can get 4 ## car, obviously, but i know a guy who had a b20 swapped civic for drag racing, and he got it, i think he caled it 2-step, it revvs up to certain set rpm and it keeps the revs there and it sounds funny, and then it lets you launch at full boost on a turbo car, and you can launch it consistently...

#9 ·
Sounds cool, now i just need to patch my rom correctly and I'll get to try for myself.

Has anyone else with MY02 had problems with the Patch.bat file on tinyrex's site? It keeps saying “Error: Source file is corrupt at byte 0×1ff74 (0xff expected. 0×3a found)!" ? It's probably something I'm doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.