New On Tuning - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

MANUTD is an unknown
New On Tuning

hey guys, I'm new on the forum. I finally got my 06 WRX recently. I have done some simple mods as I'm still new to this whole modding community. I bought my car out of state but did the performance upgrades from a suby dealer here in NY. Right after I got the car, I have put in, SPT catback, intake, heatshield, shroud and few other minor accessories.

And about two weeks ago, I went back to the guy and put in the STI sway bars front and rear, and the vlimited front lip. My car is looking quite nice and running decent. So the guy I've been dealing with at the dealer told me all you need is tuning and ## all set. I told him I don't want to go too crazy with modding and sort of keep it somewhat "simple".

From what I've heard, if you do tuning it automatically voids any warranty u may have. But my guy at the dealer told me he does tuning and wont affect my warranty. I just wanted to ask you guys, once I do get the tuning done from him, what can I expect in terms of hp and torque. He told me my overall powerband will be lot smoother and all. If you guys can give me some inputs, I'd really appreciate it. THXXX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
You should put your stock intake back in. It is not a restriction at all. The biggest restriction on our cars is the downpipe. You can't really do much if you don't want to void the warranty. If you do want to void the warranty, Get a bell-mouth design downpipe and get engine management. (COBB AP, ECUTEK, Open-Source).
#3 Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
what type of EM is he going to use for the tune, that's the real question?

And "void the warranty" is, again, a bullshit statement. They're not going to refuse service on your air conditioner from power mods ffs. All they're going to do is refuse to service aftermarket parts and damage caused by them.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#4 Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

MANUTD is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
what type of EM is he going to use for the tune, that's the real question?

And "void the warranty" is, again, a bullshit statement. They're not going to refuse service on your air conditioner from power mods ffs. All they're going to do is refuse to service aftermarket parts and damage caused by them.

Thanks for your replies guys. I guess I'll ask my guy what type of EM is he going to use for the tune and lets see what he says. I just want my acceleration to be little better than it is right now plus i want my overall powerband to be alot smoother of which I was told by my guy that ## car will be better. Once he tunes my car, i'll be pretty much done for now as I've been spending too much money on this car and trying every bit to hide all the receipts from the wifey, LOL!!!!!!
#5 Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

SilverSuby is an unknown
Yea good luck hiding spending money on the car, tried that myself and failed. They know............they always know.

When I turn my car on............it returns the favor!