1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-17-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Aaron2112 is an unknown
New stage 1 log, look good?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2R...it?usp=sharing

Hey guys,

Just flashed over to stage 1 91, stock 2014 WRX no mods besides this AP. Hope some of y'all can shed a little light on what all I need to know and be aware of in these so I can look at them and know for myself if they are good.

Thank your for taking a look,

Aaron

Last edited by Aaron2112; 03-17-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Figuring out how to load the log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-17-2014, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
you need to give us "permission" to view this log through google. cant view it until u do.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Aaron2112 is an unknown
Hey, thanks. Um I'm not sure how too but I'll try to figure it out and bump this thread tomorrow. Sorry for the retardation when it comes to this stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #4 of 21 Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
i think there is a button on the upper right of the spreadsheet page under your name that says "share" click that. then click "change" and set it to "anyone with link". i believe that is how u do it, not 100% though.
post #5 of 21 Old 03-18-2014, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Aaron2112 is an unknown
bump, ok i opened up the access to the log.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Aaron2112 is an unknown
is it working?
post #7 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 06:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

karenhenry04 is an unknown
Hey,

I also wanted to see but unable to find out.

Give proper instructions ...
post #8 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 08:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I can see the logs. They look ok to my untrained eyes. whats boost pressure on the stage 1 map?
post #9 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 08:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Scan down the list under the heading Boost (PSI) to look for max boost, to see if you're getting the rated boost for your tune. Compare it to the boost specs in the documents you go with the AP.

Or graph boost and rpm for a visual, like this:

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
post #10 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 10:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
How did you graph that bad boy!
post #11 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 11:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Opened the log in MS Excel, and then plotted rpm and Boost against time.

I was trying to confirm rated boost, which is noted on this other log example chart for convenient reference:

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
post #12 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW_Black4 View Post
Opened the log in MS Excel, and then plotted rpm and Boost against time.

I was trying to confirm rated boost, which is noted on this other log example chart for convenient reference:

that seems like its more trouble then i want to deal with hahaa
post #13 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
@LW_Black4 I love your graphs, Im totally a data whore

@Aaron2112 Your about pound and a half under boost based on the cobb map notes for version 331. If you are on a different version please let us know because each version has its own targets.

From Cobbs map notes -
"Stage1 91 MTv331
o Fuel Requirements: 91 - 92 octane or better o Intake Requirements: Stock airbox with stock air filter o Exhaust Requirements: Stock exhaust or upgraded cat-back exhaust o Boost Targets: ~16.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~11.5psi by the 7000RPM redline, +/- 1.0psi"

your max boost was 14.54psi @ 3300RPM. you should be seeing higher boost building later in the RPM range and tapering off around 5k.

It almost looks like your car is still learning the tune, How many miles do you have on that tune?

I ask because your DAM is changing throughout the pull. Dynamic Advanced Multiplier, [I] in your log, is a measure of how agressive your ECU is at advancing timing. on 09-13s the DAM increases from 0-1 and will be static @ 1 for the whole pull. On older models the DAM would increase from 1-16 and it would be static at 16 throughout the pull. The DAM increases when you put miles on the car. Usually you need to put 20-30 miles on the car with some spirited driving before the DAM will settle at its maximum value. It goes up and down depending on the conditions, If you get some fine knock it will take timing off to protect the engine from knock.

If you only had a few miles on the tune when you did your log I would drive it around a bit, drive your favorite fast roads, get on and off the freeway a few times and cruise through drive-through. after that go back to your safe legal place and take another pull. Post that log and hopefully your DAM will be static and you will be closer to target boost.

If you have more than 50 miles on the tune then I would switch to the High Waste Gate tune. It should add about a pound of boost overall but it wont solve the max boost at 3300RPM. That still sounds like your ECU is learning the new tune.

I hope that helps.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
post #14 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 05:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

RogueMantis is an unknown
Hate to make this my first post, but I've been a long time lurker (1/4 of a year) and I'm going to have to disagree with you arctic. Column I is the Dynamic Advance. DAM is in column D and is a constant 1. Also, under WOT, OP's boost error is within the +/- 1 COBB gives for the tolerance and there are no values in the feedback knock or fine knock columns. Looks like a pretty solid log to me...

I'm currently trying to diagnose a 2 PSI underboost issue myself, so I've gotten very familiar with logging...
post #15 of 21 Old 11-06-2014, 06:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
@RougeMantis Spot on man, My preview on the tablet didnt give me the first 3 collumns I figured they were just hidden in the file. I just looked at it in excel from my laptop and I can see the whole thing. DAM is where is needs to be at 1.

14.52 is still low for cobbs recommended 16.5 plus or minus one. everything looks good.

Comparing with my log library the peak boost @3300RPM also looks very low. I usually peak around 4600 or 4800.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement