Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Tuning & Engine Management (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/)
-   -   Never seen a Stage 1 like this (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/never-seen-stage-1-like-32865/)

FreeDiRo 08-08-2012 10:06 AM

Never seen a Stage 1 like this

Crawford Performance shop in Ca, Stage 1 package they offer, [url]http://store.crawfordperformance.com/store/products/635[/url]. (I have never once read on this or other forums of using an air/oil separator in a stage 1 or even stage 2 reflash with the Cobb AP) I was curious if anyone has seen or used this before and if it is even worth it. I was also looking into getting a CBE, should I just wait and save up to do this all at the same time? I want a TBE, but not sure if I am ready for that commitment level yet, nor do I have the cash for all that, not to mention I would want a protune with it also. So that is, unfortunately, out of the question.

I have only had my 06 WRX for about a month now and I am already used the power and want/need more! But, I want to do it right and I want to be able to slowly upgrade the car without having to go back an re-upgrade certain parts.

I don't want to waste my money on something like AOS if I don't really need it for just fun daily driving. I would rather spend that money on a larger(sti) intercooler or something like that.

newtothegame 08-08-2012 12:09 PM

Its not a must, but is a smart thing to have. I run the Grimmspeed one and it has helped with blow by on my car. But again its not a necessary thing. Just a safe smart thing for you and the life of your car.

pzr2874 08-08-2012 12:41 PM

AOS's and OCC's are always a good idea on your car. Think of it as a safety mod/Maintainence mod.

AllExtinct 08-08-2012 03:49 PM

Anyone got a pic of their OCC setup?
I wanna put mine on but have no clue where to put it.
Seen some by the battery and some others on the firewall.
Just wanna make it look clean not just excess hose all over the place.

FreeDiRo 08-08-2012 05:14 PM

Yeah I would like more info on the OCC, a little confused on that. I agree that the OAS seems to be a good fail safe option for when I can get a little crazy on those long back road trips.

man show 08-08-2012 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quick shot of my GrimmSpeed air/oil separator. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it's waaayyy less maintenance than an oil catch can... well, no maintenance. None at all. Except it kind of is a pain in the butt to bust out the old ratchet and a 19 mm socket every time I want to add any oil. Eh, you win some, you lose some, but you live... you live to fight another day! :p

BLAZE2099 08-08-2012 07:05 PM

^ nice and clean John. looks as if it belongs..

newtothegame 08-08-2012 07:10 PM

John, that bay (minus the rad and intake) looks awfully familiar, lol. But the GS AOS is a great piece. Its funny when you are changing your oil and someone sees you go for the engine bay with a ratchet and a big socket on it. And I have been made fun of also for having the quick drain, lol.

pzr2874 08-08-2012 07:14 PM

Yeah but John actually can change his oil in 10mins with no mess. LOL

Is that the revised GS AOS?

newtothegame 08-08-2012 07:17 PM

Whats the difference Paul? And I could probably change mine that fast also, but I always work slow on my car for some reason lol.

pzr2874 08-08-2012 07:27 PM

You get your fumoto valve ?

Thats what I meant.

I honestly believe an OCC works better, than an AOS.

You totally get rid of the gunk as opposed to recirculating it.

newtothegame 08-08-2012 07:29 PM

Oh ok. Heck yeah I got the valve. Got it on both cars, best money spent on either car yet, lol.

AllExtinct 08-08-2012 07:51 PM

Yeah I don't have the dough to put out for a AOS,but it does look sweet John.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

turmic 08-08-2012 10:19 PM

We will look like three cloned cars at the AOS section of our cars at the hershey meet. It looks quite simular to my set-up as well.

black beast2 08-09-2012 12:32 AM

So the grimmspeed A.O.S replaces the oil cap?