need a tuners help. - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-29-2011, 07:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Ha ha. Yeah that would be sweet. I think ill get this one back to health and put that 3000 down on my sti in the spring. Take another 1500 to it with downpipe and tune and be good for a bit. Kids are wonderful for many things...one of which is the awesome tax refunds they get you.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
My furry kids don't get me tax returns, my hard work doesn't either...Stupid government and there stupid taxes....Meh anyway, it would work great in an STi as well...haha

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#33 Old 09-30-2011, 08:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

My wife saw a 400 hp evo8 in action and her exact words were...we need one of those. I said well id rather have a 400 hp sti but ok i think we can work on that ha ha. So that's my final goal with the sti. But Im sure it will take me several years to get it there. When i buy it ill do the stage 2 right off the bat. Prob drive it that way for the first year. The second year ill be looking to spend another 3500 or so mostly to the suspension and brakes and tires. The following year will be the big power year. Man i can't tell you how much Im looking forward to the build. All it takes is a new pair of boobs for her lol.

Kevin.
#34 Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well I could build you a 2.34 2 years from now if you wanted me to. 9k redline and a good solid 400whp easily and all on pump gas......wait did you say boobs?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#35 Old 09-30-2011, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Lol Yup. Yeah 9k redline would be sweet! We may be talking when that time comes. That evo is fixing to move up to the mid 400 to near 500. He is at 410 to the wheels. He works for the same company as me. Its on e85. I will definitely be tuning for it as there is a station with it not 2 miles from my house. Oh i wanted to post an update about this post...i changed the fuel filter this morning got gas at a new station and did another ecu reset and put some oct booster in. Dam started at a 12 went down to 8 then went back to 9 and stayed there all day. Prob put 60 miles on it just to see what it was doing. What you think?

Kevin.
#36 Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Did you clean the MAF? It seems that the fresh fuel filter helped a bit, but to me even 12 is low...O2 sensor might be bad as well...Can you see what it reads with the AP?

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#37 Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad grocerygetter View Post
It was cleaned about 4 months ago just because i looked and saw it was filthy.
Did you actually clean the MAF or the IAT sensor?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#38 Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Both. Used maf cleaner. Let it sit in the sun to dry after.

Kevin.
#39 Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

I can get generic a/f readings but they look normal(14.7 at idle 11.2 at wot) or am i needing to watch a different gauge? i don't have a wideband so I've read that these aren't all that accurate.

Kevin.
#40 Old 10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
You need a wideband for the openloop part.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#41 Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

K I've never even thought about buying one for this car. Any specific brand i should look at?

Kevin.
#42 Old 10-02-2011, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ok so i wanted to update this thread...i put more gas from the "better station" in and put about 270 miles on the car this weekend. Happy news! Dam is sitting at 16. It progressively got better throughout the weekend. The ecu just needed to finish learning it seems. Car is running better than it ever has. The real stage 2 power is awesome. Pulls real hard though all gears and is nice and smooth. Nice call Keith on the fuel filter. I wouldn't have thought it was the culprit but hey Im no tuner as we have seen thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions. Wrxtuners ftw!

Kevin.
#43 Old 10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

No problem I try my best to help people out and not just be a smarta$$.

Also if your going to buy a Wide Band, I recommend the Innovate LC-1 that's what I use.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#44 Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cool thanks. I will prob buy one for the sti when i get it. Im still debating going opensource Or ap on it. I like opensource a lot better just because i don't care for the generic maps that come on the ap and it can be loads cheaper. But the features have been a lifesaver here recently. Maybe we can talk come time for tuning?

Kevin.
#45 Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Use whatever you and your tuner is comfortable with.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae