Need a little help ### - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

GoWRXGo is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to GoWRXGo Send a message via Yahoo to GoWRXGo
Need a little help ###

Hey guys, I need some help with getting a good tune. my 2004 WRX has been re-flashed to stage 2 using a OpenSource Enginuity tune dl'd from OSECURoms.org but I have since upgraded again, but still within stage 2 parameters.

Equipment: HKS Up-Pipe, ERZ Downpipe, HKS Hi-Power Catback, Samco Intercooler Hoses, Samco MAF Hose.

The only tune shop around my way ONLY tunes using the Cobb Accessport nothing else. Anyone know of a reputable online tuning service that could do some email protunes? I also know that to get the tune "just right" you need the assistance of a Wideband 02, and I dont have one of those yet. Is this a waste of time without the Wideband 02? should I just drive on the map I have now? I have tried to communicate with getadometune. c o m but no one ever answer's thier emails. Advice??

-Jay
-Opensource Apprentice-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2008, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Dominic is no longer doing email tunes (at least for now) so I doubt he'll respond. A wideband is nice but not necessary. Dom tuned my car very well without one. If your only additions were IC hoses and MAF tube you do not need any tuning for those. I guess maybe you could try Ron, (dumdum) on this site. He tunes his own vehicle via opensource and is very knowledgable. I don't think he's "open for business" but you may want to PM him to ask. There are others that do custom maps like pdxtuning, surgeline tuning (Tim Baily), etc. You may want to try Surgeline as I believe he's still active doing internet tunes. He will be a tough guy to get a hold of though as I've heard from many.

Either way with those mods you can run your base map, but it will never be as good as a tweaked one.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 12:47 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I agree with the above, as to not really needing another tune for what was added. But also like mentioned you best bet would probably be Tim Bailey, another highly recommended tuner.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Bailey will not tune with open source tools.

Try CAMTuning.com - Home

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement