Need Advice about dealer installed spt cb exhaust!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bowman87 is an unknown
Need Advice about dealer installed spt cb exhaust!!!

Hi everyone, let me start off by saying im looking forward to becoming more involved with this forum and meeting alot of you. I recently bought a 2012 wrx standard 5mt with a dealer installed spt catback exhaust. I have just hit 1000 miles and i believe that the car runs terribly. I feel like the tuning is far out of wack, the curve is not smooth whatsoever and i have hesitation throughout. i know that it was not tuned from the factory or dealer. I need to know how to approach the dealer with this. Here are my questions: is the dealer able to tune. Should i go in pissed off like i am because i dont think i should be driving around like this, and if i do that what should i demand. Has anyone else had this happen Thanks in advance everyone for this and many more questions down the road.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Dealerships can't tune your car, but there may be a service reflash to address your problems.

I would take it to the service dept and ask them about your concerns, maybe have a mechanic drive it with you.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bowman87 is an unknown
Thats what i thought thx man. The only good thing is the sales manager, the salesman, and the finance guy all own them and go to the track together so you would think that they would have a understanding, but who knows if they didnt recommend this to me at purchase. They also put my tags on wrong, they put the ones with the stickers on the front.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bowman87 is an unknown
I also thought about demanding them tolet me take it to my tuner, have him tune it and then have them pay for the bill or else im returning the car because im worried it could have caused damage. Let me know what you guys think.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
lol, good luck with that.....

If anything it would lead to a hearty laugh and potential future warranty denials.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bowman87 is an unknown
Yea i thought of that but as far as warrenty goes i plan on modding right from the get go so i was never concerned about the warrenty. And with that being said i could basically tell the manager that i would sign a paper saying im ok with voiding my warrenty, and with that it would lead to no troubles for them down the road point.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
They aren't going to pay that. Do what I recommended in the 1st response.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Alexmartynyuk is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman87 View Post
Hi everyone, let me start off by saying im looking forward to becoming more involved with this forum and meeting alot of you. I recently bought a 2012 wrx standard 5mt with a dealer installed spt catback exhaust. I have just hit 1000 miles and i believe that the car runs terribly. I feel like the tuning is far out of wack, the curve is not smooth whatsoever and i have hesitation throughout. i know that it was not tuned from the factory or dealer. I need to know how to approach the dealer with this. Here are my questions: is the dealer able to tune. Should i go in pissed off like i am because i dont think i should be driving around like this, and if i do that what should i demand. Has anyone else had this happen Thanks in advance everyone for this and many more questions down the road.

factory roms are horrible, take it to a tuner and he will take care of it for you. you can get a tactrix cable and datalog it to see if theres anything wrong.