Subaru WRX Forum banner

My ProTune

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DEMENTED 
#1 ·
Well went down to Lousiville this Saturday and Tim from PDX tuning was there tuning on Automotion's AWD Mustang dyno. I came there with my AccessPORT and cash in hand, and after a few setbacks, we finally got my car on the dyno and pulled a baseline run w/o any form of engine management (had to unmarry AP and upgrade the firmware again). Here is the graph for that:

At first I was suprised as hell for only having a turboback, uppipe, crank pulley, intake and inlet hose. The guys checked the correction factors three times and they were right so I guess I had a beast :). Then we did some tuning with the stock hose restrictor and couldn't break 15 psi of boost. So we took that out, and put in the 3/16" hose coupler. Tuned it and hit 17.5 psi of boost, tapering down to 13.5. I was happy. That dyno graph and numbers will be posted tomorrow :D. Then we went on to my STX map, so we put in the stock restrictor, and set the boost maps and wastegate duty cycles to stock. Tuned from there a few times, and got this:

Remember that is with no boost alterations and only hitting about 14.7 psi. Came out of it, $225 out of my pocket, $125 to Tim from PDX and $100 for the guys for using their dyno. Overall I am very impressed by my numbers, especially on a Mustang dyno. A STi w/ turboback, front mount, inlet hose, intake and ECUTek dyno tuned put down 290 whp, and 320 wtq for comparisson purposes. Final boosted map to come tomorrow :D.

See less See more
#4 ·
Tim said it himself, I have a factory freak car. Most WRX's stock on a Mustang dyno put down about 165 AWHP on average. With just an exhaust and few mods, I put down 210. Good luck with your tune though, I came in expecting maybe 220 tuned w/ boost and was happily suprised. Tim is a great guy and will get every last HP out of your car for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.