More AP maps? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 06-28-2009, 08:52 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
so the 3 port will or will not help with over boosting in 4th 5th?

will any MBC be capable of stopping that over boost in higher gears?
No,neither will really help.You would just tune for max boost in 4th/5th gear,as Subaru does from the factory.Or use a EBCS with wastegate duty compensation per gear.Honestly once you start moving up to bigger turbos the overboosting isn't as bad due to the larger hotsides.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Clutch is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Send a message via MSN to Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
No,neither will really help.You would just tune for max boost in 4th/5th gear,as Subaru does from the factory.Or use a EBCS with wastegate duty compensation per gear.Honestly once you start moving up to bigger turbos the overboosting isn't as bad due to the larger hotsides.
Yea thats my plans for the very near future... boosting up to 20lbs or excessive boost is really hurting the turbo more then the engine rite? i mean the fuel is there.. i know its not leaning out. plus its only @ 20 for a second or two then falls rite off.

also does for some reason the AP v1 not read boost levels higher then 18.2? I have a standard boost gauge hooked up to a vac line, and also the AP v1 plugged in while i was setting my boost level.. the AP never went over 18.2 lbs yet my gauge read 21lbs also sitting @ idol the AP says 11lbs vac gauge reads 17lbs (approx) . not sure witch to believe....

one more.. lol Will an EWG improve stock turbo performance? ive heard stock turbos WG flap-door doesn't allow we much flow as it should.

Last edited by Clutch; 06-28-2009 at 11:26 PM.
#18 Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
also does for some reason the AP v1 not read boost levels higher then 18.2? I have a standard boost gauge hooked up to a vac line, and also the AP v1 plugged in while i was setting my boost level.. the AP never went over 18.2 lbs yet my gauge read 21lbs also sitting @ idol the AP says 11lbs vac gauge reads 17lbs (approx) . not sure witch to believe....

one more.. lol Will an EWG improve stock turbo performance? ive heard stock turbos WG flap-door doesn't allow we much flow as it should.
That is just a programming issue with the AP.Opensource can read up to 24psi (true limit of the stock sensor).Not sure you quite understand how EWG's work.On a IWG turbo that has boost creep problems then yes an EWG can fix that.But a 2.0L WRX with the stock turbo does not have this problem.EWG's help turbo efficiency by changing the pressure differential by redirecting the wastegate exhaust path to atmosphere instead of venting back behind the turbine wheel.

#19 Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Clutch is an unknown
Quote:
That is just a programming issue with the AP.Opensource can read up to 24psi (true limit of the stock sensor).Not sure you quite understand how EWG's work.On a IWG turbo that has boost creep problems then yes an EWG can fix that.But a 2.0L WRX with the stock turbo does not have this problem.EWG's help turbo efficiency by changing the pressure differential by redirecting the wastegate exhaust path to atmosphere instead of venting back behind the turbine wheel.
an EWG is just a WG not attached to the turbo weather it routes back into the exhaust or not. tuner was saying something along the lines of the stock WG opening being too small to move as much exhaust as it could. Restricting flow even on the stock turbo.

with the AP i was basically asking of this happens to everyone else? is the cap of the AP v1 boost meter 18.2?
#20 Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
an EWG is just a WG not attached to the turbo weather it routes back into the exhaust or not. tuner was saying something along the lines of the stock WG opening being too small to move as much exhaust as it could. Restricting flow even on the stock turbo.
What flow is being restricted on the stock turbo on a 2.0L?Glad you explained what a EWG is for me,lord knows I have no idea what I'm talking about.The wastegate controls boost right.If the flow is restricted then boost would be out of control because not enough exhaust can escape.Are you having that problem?No,no your not.If you plumb the EWG back into the exhaust then it negates some of the benefit.Hence the pressure differential I was talking about.You tuner needs to reference what turbo and vehicle he is using as an example.The TDO4L-13T on a 2.5L WRX,yes.The TD04L-13T on a 2.0L no..............

#21 Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Clutch is an unknown
Quote:
What flow is being restricted on the stock turbo on a 2.0L?Glad you explained what a EWG is for me,lord knows I have no idea what I'm talking about.The wastegate controls boost right.If the flow is restricted then boost would be out of control because not enough exhaust can escape.Are you having that problem?No,no your not.If you plumb the EWG back into the exhaust then it negates some of the benefit.Hence the pressure differential I was talking about.You tuner needs to reference what turbo and vehicle he is using as an example.The TDO4L-13T on a 2.5L WRX,yes.The TD04L-13T on a 2.0L no..............

are you like 4 foot tall or something?? some kinda short man complex? or are you jus one of thos online tuff guys? there is a way to talk to people and obviously u haven't gained thos skills yet.

first you said EWG routes into the atmosphere witch is only half correct.. 2nd im going by what my tuner specifically said about my car.. yes stock turbo ona 2.0....

we have already had this conversation you can either learn how to talk to people or take your bullshit some whea else. im asking questions expecting answers not wise ass remarks from some online tuff guy. take it down a few notches buddy....
#22 Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
are you like 4 foot tall or something?? some kinda short man complex? or are you jus one of thos online tuff guys? there is a way to talk to people and obviously u haven't gained thos skills yet.

first you said EWG routes into the atmosphere witch is only half correct.. 2nd im going by what my tuner specifically said about my car.. yes stock turbo ona 2.0....

we have already had this conversation you can either learn how to talk to people or take your bullshit some whea else. im asking questions expecting answers not wise ass remarks from some online tuff guy. take it down a few notches buddy....
Well then why are you asking questions on here then?Your tuner know whats best for you (and his wallet).Don't like my answers?Oh well,welcome to public forums.Not my fault you got thin skin..........

#23 Old 06-29-2009, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Clutch is an unknown
Quote:
Well then why are you asking questions on here then?Your tuner know whats best for you (and his wallet).Don't like my answers?Oh well,welcome to public forums.Not my fault you got thin skin..........

im asking questions NOT directed towards you in particular. i also didn't sit here saying im gona kick your ass making a big deal out it.. i just told it like it is, plan n simple. Here is some advise for the future lose the cocky bs attitude. it will get you no whea.
#24 Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Here is some advise for the future lose the cocky bs attitude. it will get you no whea.
Right,okay.............I don't need your advice.

#25 Old 06-30-2009, 12:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Clutch is an unknown
Quote:
Right,okay.............I don't need your advice.
lol Child
#26 Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Dumdum is one of (if not) most knowledgeable people on here. Look at his mod list, his posts. Hes not on here to BS like some of us. He has tried explaining and giving you solutions. If you dont like it, leave it. Talk directly to your tuner since he is the one with hands on your car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#27 Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Clutch is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Dumdum is one of (if not) most knowledgeable people on here. Look at his mod list, his posts. Hes not on here to BS like some of us. He has tried explaining and giving you solutions. If you dont like it, leave it. Talk directly to your tuner since he is the one with hands on your car.
o shit his mod list, holy crap his post #... Should i get on my knees now? LOL

neither of you are getting the point... there is a way to talk to people witout being a doooosh bag plain n simple....

Im a pro level Freestyle motorcycle rider, and an A tech. you think i dont hear a million and 1 STUPID questions asked on sportbike forums???? but i dont go around putting others down for no reason..