mixing parts - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

alternativel is an unknown
mixing parts

this may be a dumb question but i have searched and cannot find the answer.

i am getting an 02 wrx, and the first thing i wanted to do to it was the cobb exhaust and software maneger, the question i have is, can other parts be mixed in with the required ones on the map downloading page.

like instead of a cobb exhaust could i get one from another company and have the software still work, and then if i wanted say, a blow off valve or a cai, will it effect the software?

please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-20-2008, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, you can definitely mix and match exhausts... on my 07 WRX, I have a Cobb catted downpipe mated to an HKS Hi-Power Carbon-Ti cat back and I'm using the Cobb AccessPORT V2 Stage 2, 93 Octane map. The Cobb downpipe can use either the factory style donut gasket or a flat 3 inch, 2 bolt gasket. I chose to use the flat gasket since the HKS cat back is designed for it. I'm not really sure about the bov or cai... personally, I would stay away from those for now.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Cobb doesnt make OTS maps for BOV or CAIs, they are worthless anyways. You could get a protune to make a CAI work. But whatever the map notes for that stage are is what the minimum is for that stage.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativel View Post
this may be a dumb question but i have searched and cannot find the answer.

i am getting an 02 wrx, and the first thing i wanted to do to it was the cobb exhaust and software maneger, the question i have is, can other parts be mixed in with the required ones on the map downloading page.

like instead of a cobb exhaust could i get one from another company and have the software still work, and then if i wanted say, a blow off valve or a cai, will it effect the software?

please help
Cobb has all this info right on thier site.Read the map notes for the details.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#5 Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

alternativel is an unknown
thank you all it really helps