Subaru WRX Forum banner

mixing parts

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  alternativel 
#1 ·
this may be a dumb question but i have searched and cannot find the answer.

i am getting an 02 wrx, and the first thing i wanted to do to it was the cobb exhaust and software maneger, the question i have is, can other parts be mixed in with the required ones on the map downloading page.

like instead of a cobb exhaust could i get one from another company and have the software still work, and then if i wanted say, a blow off valve or a cai, will it effect the software?

please help:confused:

#2 ·
Yeah, you can definitely mix and match exhausts... on my 07 WRX, I have a Cobb catted downpipe mated to an HKS Hi-Power Carbon-Ti cat back and I'm using the Cobb AccessPORT V2 Stage 2, 93 Octane map. The Cobb downpipe can use either the factory style donut gasket or a flat 3 inch, 2 bolt gasket. I chose to use the flat gasket since the HKS cat back is designed for it. I'm not really sure about the bov or cai... personally, I would stay away from those for now.

#3 ·
Cobb doesnt make OTS maps for BOV or CAIs, they are worthless anyways. You could get a protune to make a CAI work. But whatever the map notes for that stage are is what the minimum is for that stage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.