miss firing running rich - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
miss firing running rich

just need some thoughts on this:
for those of you who read my last post where i made 334whp, my problems began just less than a week after the tune.My car was burning pig rich as soon as boost comes in about 4k, i had my plugs removed and reset the ecu through the cobb but i still had the problem.
So i had my tuner guy do a compression and leak down test and found out that this was the results for the cylinders:
1# cylinerder 130, #2 130 #3 135 and cylinder#4 100, so based on that data #4 is the bad cylinder, so they came to the conclusion that thats the problem.
So i got myself a new block ready to install but was convinced that it is not the motor thats causing the car to run rich so i removed the cobb AP2 and find the car to be boosting when i drive off from a dead stop and drives normal but when i am crusing and step on tha gas its running pig rich ( a/f 10) and misfiring, My question is why is this happening i would like to get the problem fix before i install my new block.
help guys i would deeply appreciate your thoughts.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Your post is very "rambling" like. First removing the AP would mean your running off the stock mapping which is bad with your mods. That was probably the worst thing you could do. Secondly the ECU uses 0O2 sensor feedback in closedloop (cruise/light throttle/idle). Basically the ECU has the ability to make adjustments to hit the target fuel ratio in closedloop. When you mash the pedal the ECU switches to openloop fueling,which does not use O2 sensor feedback so there is no correction happening. Go back and edit your post to make more sense and be more detailed.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
well dumdum am not a pro when it come to these things and this is the best i can possibly describe my situation sorry if you don't understand what i am saying but what i was told today is that it looks like i probably got screwed with the tunning and now that i am on the stock map the computer is still programming for stock like injectors etc .I am gonna soon have someone tune the car ( open source ) to see if we can rectify the problem before we install the new motor.