Subaru WRX Forum banner

knock question

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
.. i know the goal here is zero, but with cobbs ots stage 1+sf 93 im getting fine and feedback knock, sometimes like -1.4 occasionally. once i got -7 as a max, but it was a single time. everything appears to be running fine, good power, hitting 17psi w 3.31 hwg tune.

basically my question is, in the real world environmental is the occasional fine and feedback knock of -1.4 / -2.11 acceptable or is something amiss?

thanks
pete

#3 ·
Im running a 91 3.11 Stage 1+SF Map ( had issues with the 3.3x maps you can view the thread here http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/cobb-3-3x-maps-50938/ )

That said I have spent a few hours in the SoCal Cobb store and on the phone trying to weed out underboost issues with Cobb. We had a chance to talk about log parameters and I got a schooling in most of the parameters. from my understanding Fine Knock Correction often tricks itself when there is no knock event to speak of. When you get on the throttle hard you can get knock correction because the sensor sees a change in the noise, noise is read sometime by the knock sensor like when you step on the throttle from a high gear on the freeway.

Unless you see you Dynamic Advanced Multiplier change or the fine knock correction doesn't self resolve after it happens I wouldn't worry too much about it. That single instance where your fine correction read 7 might be a sign of poor quality fuel. If it goes as far as 7 then you might want to try the LWG map and run a low intensity log. if you are seeing -1.4 or -2.11 on occasion but they resolve during WOT pulls then you should be OK.

That said take a few logs and post them so we can help you make sure everything is happy. That reminds me I need to take a log, Be Right Back : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.