Kenne Bell boost a pump - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

slomo is an unknown
Kenne Bell boost a pump

Just wondering if anyone has any experience running one of these on a wrx? I had it on my track prepped ford focus and moved it over to my 04 wrx when I first bought it. Hoping this will save me from having to buy injectors and a fuel pump at least for a few years. I've never heard about any bad experiences with this product, so any imput is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Buying a fuel pump would be cheaper.
#3 Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

slomo is an unknown
The post above says that I already have the boost a pump. I bought it used a few Years ago for $100. I just took it out of my focus and put it in my wrx
#4 Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well I know they're big in the mustang world (uncle actually uses one on his 08 GT making 515ish to the wheels on the stock pump) and guys have used them with good results on WRX's as well. I wouldn't always use it though, just something about adding voltage to a fuel pump not made for the higher volts.

If you have an aftermarket fuel pump though, a lot of times they do enjoy a higher voltage like 16v.

In the end the injectors are still the bottleneck on the 04's. Those 440's can't keep up for very long, even if you crank the FP up you still only get 500's or so.

-Chris