Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Tuning & Engine Management (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/)
-   -   Just got my cobb ap (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/just-got-my-cobb-ap-32988/)

agileblue 09-07-2012 03:47 AM

Just got my cobb ap

Happy, so, I posted on here a while back but sadly hadn't done anything with my car until recently. Went through a ton of crap, had piston play, got a brand new block covered under warranty. A new clutch and tune up too, but those cost me, it needed it though.

So the new engine has under 10k right now but the transmission has over 100,000k. So my car was in the shop for a month and that was a pain.

Just got my ap port and installed it today. It's nice. I won't be using launch control at high revs with the 5 speed. Want a 6 speed for various reasons. Anyway, I will be ordering the stuff to tune it for e85, then have it tuned in the next two weeks.

Got a couple more goodies, an apexi world sport exhaust, 3" back from the down pipe. We will be buying a down pipe and gutting the up pipe. Got some more goodies on the way. Soon to be slammed with some brand new tires.

I love the wagon. :) Now that I've gotten my money out of my warranty and really don't care about it; the fun has begun and is quite exciting.

So more updates to come. Just had to share.

pzr2874 09-07-2012 05:40 AM

Niiiice, finally.

What are you getting for your Eth tune if you don't mind me asking?

brfatal 09-07-2012 07:06 AM

If you're on the stock turbo, don't waste you money on an E85 setup. Just get a bigger turbo. You will get overall better results.

pzr2874 09-07-2012 08:34 AM

I've seen nice response times and power on the td04 with e85 Justin.

You remember the heat here ? E85 helps a ton.

agileblue 09-07-2012 09:12 AM

Heat is a big issue here in texas.

Debating between upgraded top mount

or a gigantic front mount - scared about the crash beam for the size I want though :( :(

With water meth injection for either set up of course & and a bigger radiator.

Not sure what we are planning on using for the e85 setup right now, suggestions welcome. The boy is asleep and I am not about to disturb him to ask what he had in mind LOL.

My car is about to be ridiculously loud when I get off work tonight. Installing the apexi, really welding it on. I'll be working while the car gets worked on. ;)

And I was thinking e85 more for it is SLIGHTLY (like a hair/marginally) cheaper and more sustainable.

newtothegame 09-07-2012 10:31 AM

Unless you plan on going with a bigger (almost on the rotated side of things) I wouldnt even consider a FMIC. I was thinking of getting one for my 20G, but after talking and researching I am more than likely leaving it alone until the time comes to get a bigger turbo. But thats just my opinion, many people feel/think differently about this stuff.

pzr2874 09-07-2012 11:54 AM

Justin is from Dallas until not long ago.

agileblue 09-07-2012 08:06 PM

Who is Justin?
Upgraded turbo and professional tune in the next two weeks. Getting rims and tires right now. Pictures of the wagons progress soon to come.

BLAZE2099 09-07-2012 08:31 PM

Justin is brfatal. Like agileblue is Kelly;) Sounds like your stoked about making power:) awesome!!! GL

agileblue 09-07-2012 09:22 PM

Quite stoked. :) cole, the spouse, is installing the 17" 08 wrx rims. Tires are nothin special, bridgestone patenzas. They have 2000 miles on them and look like they just came off the show room floor. Now i just need to drop it a tad. This car has a bright future.

brfatal 09-07-2012 11:35 PM

[quote=pzr2874;285225]I've seen nice response times and power on the td04 with e85 Justin.

You remember the heat here ? E85 helps a ton.[/quote]

I recommended a larger turbo because the TD04 is just too small and will still die off considerably at the top end. An E85 TD04 dyno chart will look like an upside down V. They peak high and then drop off big time. A VF on E85 will have a much better power band.