Subaru WRX Forum banner

just flashed stage 1, some questions now

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Wilks132 
#1 ·
Well I just went stage one and I'm pretty happy with it but I have some questions now. In the instructions it states to use the HWG or LWG if having issues with boost. Now my TR didn't come with a boost guage so I wanted to use the AP's boost guage feature. How do I access it and what should my target boost be with an 06 WRX with stage 1?

My other question is, should I go stage 2 how long after the install of the DP do I need to flash to stage 2? I mean should I bring the AP with me so when I pick up my car I can flash before driving home or can it wait until I get home?

Thanks

#2 ·
You have to flash stage 2 for the downpipe, im pretty sure the map notes for stage 1 say it can't be used with a more freeflowing exhaust, it will also say the target boost in the map notes, if i remember correct i think its 13.5 psi but double check that. Also if ## 06+ they don't make any HWG maps so youre stuck with what they give u, or at least thats what cobb told me on the phone when i couldnt hit target boost.

#4 ·
Stage 1 map notes do indicate that you can have "very limited modifications" such as a CBE is ok.

I actually have the cash right now to buy the complete Cobb stage 2 package, however, I would also like new Cleveland irons!Thumbs Up So i might just flash stage 1 with a Cobb CBE and buy the irons and get the Cobb DP down the road.. Any other golfers?? Opinions??

#3 ·
I know I can't go stage 2 until I get a DP, I was just wondering if I get a DP how soon after the intall do I have to flash to stage 2 to avoid hurting the car. And, yeah I found somewhere it says target boost for stage 1 is 14.7. So how do I access the boost guage feature?

#5 ·
I still think Cobb is way over priced. I got my full tbe (invidia dp and ebay cbe) and used my laptop to flash a stage 2 map. Only cost $500 for everything and I get what many have said are better results than the ap stage 2 (can't say for sure since i've never gotten dynoed). anyway, generally speaking i just think there's much more cost efficient options to get equal or better performance than the cobb performance packages. My exhaust sounds amazing btw :). You won't regret flashing stage 2 asap though if you get a dp, trust me on that! thats my dos pesos

#7 ·
From what I have read on the Cobb website the car needs to be flashed to the stage 2 after install of the downpipe. The stage 1 has high waste gauge numbers to increase power. You can drive it home before you flash stage 2 but just don't get on it or you will get boost spike.

Besides it will be more fun to drive home with the stage 2.

#8 ·
take it with you flash stage 2 the instant you get into your car with the dp on. and to access the boost, only accessable in v2 ap, go to live data by scrolling up or down, click ok or the middle round button, then scroll down once i think and it shoould say boost -11

#11 ·
Im a Cleveland fan myself!! Im looking at the new Cleveland CG4 Gold series (becasue of my rather high handicap). I play an old set of Ben Hogan Blades now and they are rediculously unforgiving. Definitely getting the clubs!!!! Plus all my wedges and hybrids are Cleveland...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.