Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just flashed Stage 1!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  psinuse 
#1 ·
So, I got my Tactrix cable last night and this morning I flashed a Stage 1 map from OSECURoms.com and the results so far have been great. I expected more power, but I didnt expect everything else. My throttle response is night and day different and my boost comes on about 500 RPM sooner, and the knock at idle is gone. plus, im getting better mpg. it usually takes me 1/4 tank to make the trip to my moms and back, today i used only 1/8 a tank! I was totally scared at first but, honestly, easiest thing I have ever done to a car. worth every penny!

!Thumbs Up

#3 ·
Longshot said:
As long as you READ and have a shred of common sense anyone can do it.
Something most people seem to lack these days...lol Well congrats on your upgrade, just wait till you go with a stage 2 then you'll really feel the throttle response.ROFL

#6 ·
yeah, it totally blew me away. when the flash was completed, i was like, "is that it?"
and my buddy was like, i think so, lol. if stage 2 is ANYTHING like stage 1 then i'll live in my car forever!
Better pack a coat subies aren't known to keep you warm in the winter once you shut the heat off...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.