Subaru WRX Forum banner

just bought a 07 wrx on ebay. need help

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Darin 
#1 ·
So I just purchased a 07 wrx with 52k on ebay. it has a rallitek fmic, stp turboback exhaust and intake. I am going to get it next friday. I ordered a cobb bpv xle and the cobb ap v3 tonight. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what tune I will need to be running for the bolts ons currently on the car.

#3 ·
Welcome and congrats! Are you sure it's a turboback though? SPT only makes a catback, but does it have some other brand downpipe to make it a turboback? Cobb does make OTS maps for use with their intakes, so they should have something for you. I would still recommend a custom tune over OTS maps though.

#4 ·
Hold up there tiger...I think you're jumping the gun here. You haven't even seen it in person yet? Drive it, learn it, see what it has and if it works. Read this ...Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC ...Read it, know it, live it!!!

And Welcome, Good to see another 2nd gen.;) Pics? Link?

Reactions: titter
#7 ·
@gjabraun, we have found that it is pretty effective if you can snap a few photos and send them out way. Combined we have a ton of experience with everything from tires to tunes and someone is bound to be able to get you a complete list if you have enough photos.

That said if you have a front mount intercooler you are in pro-tune or custom tune territory. If it has a turbo back exhaust and an intake then I would talk to an E-Tuner and start with a stage 2. If the seller only says SPT exhaust then you are probably running a catback exhaust with an intake. In that case start with a stage 1 tune.

I have been back and forth with Eric at Torwued performance over the last few weeks and working with him has been a pleasure. If you shoot him an email once we have confirmed the parts list Im sure he will be able to setup a nice tune for you.

Hope that helps

#8 ·
Hello i am a new subaru owner and new to any sort of forums, not sure if im in the rite forum but bare with me pls. i bought a 2007 wrx 3 weeks ago, car is stock except for magnaflow cat back exhaust and a bov(not sure the brand). love the car so far, i wanted to do a little bit of tuning to it like get a air intake and maybe a cobb ap. so any suggestions on the intake ohh and i need new back rotors i was looking into either hawk or stop tech are they good brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.