Identical "Protunes" Possible?!?! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 Old 07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Your talking about similar cars with only slightly different mods that aren't going to make that much of a difference in power...annnnnnd in defense of the tuner, do you really want cars you tune blowing up left and right? Hope you catch my drift there...
Same exact numbers are very odd!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 Old 07-10-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
I just got home and had about zero time today. I'll try and put a call into Wicked Innovations tomorrow. Just been one of those days today...

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
post #18 of 31 Old 07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Your talking about similar cars with only slightly different mods that aren't going to make that much of a difference in power...annnnnnd in defense of the tuner, do you really want cars you tune blowing up left and right? Hope you catch my drift there...
Keith, I'm not talking the #'s per se.... I'm talking why are they the exact same? Peak is peak... I get that.... And I don't think Ricky's profile is updated.

I think it really has something to do about the order in which they are put on the dyno. If he makes additional tweaks on the street... then the #'s will go up/down based on what he sees.

Then why does he do runs on the dyno 1st? If someone wanted a baseline AND street tune and then another dyno run to see what differences there were, THAT would make more sense... Why 2-4 dyno runs and then a street tune and not see the differences?

But I know someone will sayyyyy strapping down the car, hooking up the wideband, etc...etc... costs $...

Trying to wrap my head around this as well.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #19 of 31 Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well I rarely tune anything on the dyno unless it's a track car(drag) or dyno queen. I tune almost entirely for street use and you'll see a different power output from one to the other....Also could be the correction factor on the dyno maybe?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #20 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
This a direct quote from another well known tuner in MA. Waiting to hear back from others I've messaged.

"sounds like someone didnt really tune you car, just uploaded a tune"

NeverSummer likes this.

post #21 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 12:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Make sure you ask them why a tuner would do a few pulls on a dyno THEN take it out for tweaks. As opposed to the other way around.
the RIOT act likes this.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #22 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
highly possible that could be the case, but you'd still get different numbers on the dyno even from the same car on the same day....I will say that if this is though, if your a professional tuner that is not a good way to increase business...
the RIOT act likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #23 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
^Oh I'll be stopping by to see Brendon^

post #24 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Paul a dyno doesn't give you a good real world tune that a street tune does...dyno will get you a good solid base to keep the car from nuking itself so that you can tweak the parameters out on the street.
the RIOT act likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #25 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Direct quote from BrenTuning:

"Our dyno is pretty exact since there is no wheel / tire loss between cars. It happens alot actually. Maps are very similar between cars with similar mods so it happens. Some cars same day mapped identically make -10 less then each other. Fuel quality etc. however stage 2 cars come in very close as there is Not much variation in them. We didnt get popular by screwing people for 8 years. I've tuned a million cars 09+ stage2 vf52 wrxs with same mods all make within 5hp and tq of each other IF they are setup correctly, as they are pump gas limited or intercooler limited in power."

Thoughts?.?.

post #26 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 04:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Direct quote from BrenTuning:

"Our dyno is pretty exact since there is no wheel / tire loss between cars. It happens alot actually. Maps are very similar between cars with similar mods so it happens. Some cars same day mapped identically make -10 less then each other. Fuel quality etc. however stage 2 cars come in very close as there is Not much variation in them. We didnt get popular by screwing people for 8 years. I've tuned a million cars 09+ stage2 vf52 wrxs with same mods all make within 5hp and tq of each other IF they are setup correctly, as they are pump gas limited or intercooler limited in power."

Thoughts?.?.

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm.....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #27 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

I still think he's a shady mofo... It is what it is.
the RIOT act likes this.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #28 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 04:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Paul a dyno doesn't give you a good real world tune that a street tune does...dyno will get you a good solid base to keep the car from nuking itself so that you can tweak the parameters out on the street.
I understand fully..... but what's the point of posting "#'s" if it's not accurate?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #29 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
I understand fully..... but what's the point of posting "#'s" if it's not accurate?
Brings in business...I could name a few "TUNERS" that do this.
the RIOT act likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #30 of 31 Old 07-12-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
He's either doing what Paul is saying or basically just giving everyone the same map. Either way its def shady business!