IAM at 13 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
IAM at 13

Hey guys, my IAM is steady at 13, this is the 1st time I've logged it in a few weeks. It's 3rd gear wot, 2500-5800rpm. I've read about the vishnu trick to get your IAM back up, what do you think? Is it a problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 06:47 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Hey guys, my IAM is steady at 13, this is the 1st time I've logged it in a few weeks. It's 3rd gear wot, 2500-5800rpm. I've read about the vishnu trick to get your IAM back up, what do you think? Is it a problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
The Vishnu trick is only if you reset your ECU and your IAM default is set to 8 (stock) or 12(Cobb).If you have been driving for weeks the ECU should not be in "learning" anymore.Sounds like you have had knock.Open the map you are using and in the "timing" section open "default ignition advance multiplier".What # is there?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Oh ok I gotcha about the trick, as for the IAM it seems to be set to 16. I'm running the Stage 1 MY05 opensource map r8. I attached the 3 tables (ms word print screen) under timing that have to do with IAM. Thnks Ron.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: doc Stage1MY05r8.doc (141.0 KB, 98 views)

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #4 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
If the default was 16 and you now have 13 then you are getting some good knock events.Warm up the car and reset the ECU.The go for a drive and do a nice 3rd gear pull from 2K-redline logging ignition fine correction and feed back correction alon with the standard logging stuff(engine speed,iam,timing,injector duty cycle,load,vehicle speed,intake air temp,manifold pressure,KC).This will help you pinpoint where in the load/rpm axis your getting knock.Then i would pull 1* of timing in this and the surounding area.Like maybe a couple cells all around.You won't need to touch any of the IAM tables.Just the primary igniton table once you pin point what area you are getting knock.

post #5 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
If the default was 16 and you now have 13 then you are getting some good knock events.Warm up the car and reset the ECU.The go for a drive and do a nice 3rd gear pull from 2K-redline logging ignition fine correction and feed back correction alon with the standard logging stuff(engine speed,iam,timing,injector duty cycle,load,vehicle speed,intake air temp,manifold pressure,KC).This will help you pinpoint where in the load/rpm axis your getting knock.Then i would pull 1* of timing in this and the surounding area.Like maybe a couple cells all around.You won't need to touch any of the IAM tables.Just the primary igniton table once you pin point what area you are getting knock.
Ok I'll try and do a pull tomorrow after work. Did you take a look at the attachment of my previous post? The default IAM is at 16 right?

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #6 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
WRXpert

Yup,it's 16. Advance Multiplier (initial) is the one i meant.

post #7 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Yup,it's 16. Advance Multiplier (initial) is the one i meant.
Haha, thanks man. I'm going to do a pull like what you said this evening after work and I'll get back to you. I'm waiting for the XPT stage 1 to come out, and I think Braden is working on it. Anyways thanks again for your help, I was kinda hopin you would be the one to reply to this, as I know you have good experience with opensource.

Mike

Mike
DTRacing Tuned

Last edited by Longshot; 11-12-2007 at 10:03 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Did the pull and since resetting the ECU the IAM is steady at 16. Pulled from 2k to redline in 3rd gear and everything seems to be back to the way it was, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a look at my log. If you PM me you email address I can send it to you, as this site does not allow excel file ext. as an attachment. Thanks,

Mike

Mike
DTRacing Tuned