Subaru WRX Forum banner

how to prepare engine for turbo upgrades

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Wrxdave00 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

Im very new to the whole forum thing, so if i have this in the wrong place or use the wrong lingo i apologize in advance.
so to make this easier on everyone ill do my best to give all information that you guys may need

i have an 2002 wrx with 140k on it

Automatic tranny with only maybe 7k on it

timming belt was changed around 90k from what i was told and im sure would have broke on me by now if i wasn't, anyway..

mods: 3in catless turbo back, catless uppipe, turbo inlet, access port.

soo my main objective is to upgrade the turbo (not sure which is best, any recommendations?) , injectors (sti pinks?), fuel pump, and sti TMIC

but i am kinda worried about the engine holding up to the increased power at 140K, im willing to take it somewhere to be looked at but what to look for? so main question how to prepare engine or the increased power (headgaskets, ect..)

also i know this part is in the wrong place but also i want to do some suspestion work before anymore upgrades, any ideas on shocks and springs? powers steering arm? break calibers? this i have no clue..but pretty sure everything is still stock, trying to stop any potential problems before they happen..

thank you very very much for putting up with this everywhere post that im sure someone is going to grind me up about. but any help would be really appreciated

thanks guys

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.