How many have UTEC w/ Map selector - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

vegaspsyco is an unknown
How many have UTEC w/ Map selector

I was wondering how many people have a UTEC with the Map Selector switch? And what maps do you have in it? Can you have a stock like one that gets best MPG (would it even change the MPG or be just a small useless change?), then one for best all around power and MPG (spirited driving), one for drag (w/ a launch control), and one for Hi-Octane?

I've searched the forums for this info and came up empty handed.

Edit: From what I read I think can you only have maps for different types of gas, and with/out nitrous injection or meth/water sprayer?

Last edited by vegaspsyco; 03-03-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Each map can have different settings on boost, fuel, and timing. Everything else falls under parameters. With that, a good tune and a tune for high mpg would basically be the same. How you drive it would be the difference. You could limit the high mpg map's boost to prevent you from wanting to push the car harder.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #3 of 5 Old 05-18-2008, 01:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

scooby627 is an unknown
with the utec switch you automatically get a security setting (car will crank but the fuel pump wont be on) kinda like a kill switch. a valet mode, its 7psi i do believe (as the name says no valet parker will hot rod your wrx quote from the owners manual), and i have a map for 17psi which i daily drive. but if im goin on a cruise or just ripping around on my way to a car show i have a map for 19psi as well. both 17 and 19 tuned for 93 octane. the utec can do some stuff that other tuners cant. worth it? yes. do i understand it? im a beginner. As long as you find a shop that knows what there doing, id go for it. launch control im not to sure about. and if you should already be runnin a higher octane fuel on a factory turbo car.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

r853rider is an unknown
ap map selctor

i thinking about buying a AP ,and i havnt found out info on how u select maps while driving.
Is the map selector on the AP , or do i have to buy a another controle to select maps while driving?
post #5 of 5 Old 05-29-2008, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
+1 with a utec. Love it and wouldn't even think about Ap unless I had a new car. I used valet mode on my roommate and he came back so pist. He kept asking me why car wouldn't rip. Ill never tell.