Subaru WRX Forum banner

how hard to install turbo timer

9K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Vew 
#1 ·
well well..

thinking about breaking down and getting a turbo timer... i'm getting tired of sitting in my car all the time after i get someplace... and i figure its about time now that i have had stage 4 for a couple of months...

so, hard is the install? and how does it work out with the cars antitheft/alarm system?

what all wiring is involved... best brand? features/options??

#28 ·
Phys said:
I used a Blitz Turbo Timer. Was pretty easy to install. As far as the stock alarm goes, there are only 2 wires you have to cut to alow the alarm to be armed while the car is still running. Think the Black/Green wire on the keyless entry system above the fuse box, and the gray wire at the alarm module under the center console.

i installed my tt today exactly the same way (except i have an apexi tt) and now my turn signals (or hazard flash) does not work . . . .i checked the fuses and they are fine. . . what the heck happened?

#29 ·
wags528 said:
i installed my tt today exactly the same way (except i have an apexi tt) and now my turn signals (or hazard flash) does not work . . . .i checked the fuses and they are fine. . . what the heck happened?
nevermind . . . . i fixed it . . stupid ass me forgot to plug back in the hazard light connector - - it must have fallen down behind something and i forgot it was there . . but it dawned on me and i fixed it . . everthing is good now . . !Thumbs Up

#30 ·
TT harness issues with 05 STi?

doe s anyone know if there are any fitment issue with the hks TT harnes, used with a
Blitz FATT DCIII on a 2005 STi? My biggest fear is having the part end up being incompatible. Plus, i try to avoid splicing at all costs. !Cry!

#31 ·

i've read that the blitz and the hks harnesses/timers are interchangeable. As for fit to the STi i don't know for sure, but assume its same as the WRX. Fitment was easy for my car... i believe i had the HKS harness and the Blitz DCII timer.... the company i ordered from supplied either HKS or Blitz harness, whichever as in stock, because they were both "identical".

hope that helps

#34 ·
Phys said:
I used a Blitz Turbo Timer. Was pretty easy to install. As far as the stock alarm goes, there are only 2 wires you have to cut to alow the alarm to be armed while the car is still running. Think the Black/Green wire on the keyless entry system above the fuse box, and the gray wire at the alarm module under the center console.
so i cut those wires, it'll allow my car alarm to activate while the car is running

#36 ·
correct...

cutting the grey wire in the console disables the motion/impact sensor of your cars alarm system.

If you're like me, you don't like not having the option of the full functionality of that alarm system.

Simply cure: wire in a switch on your dashboard between that grey wire and you will have the option (suppose you happen to be parking in a bad neighborhood one day and you want that motion sensor in affect).... you'll have to switch on that grey wire and allow your car to 'time down' and shut off prior to arming the system, but at least you've got the option if you want it. The rest of the time, leave the switch 'off', and arming your system will simply be bypassing any impact sensor feedback to the system. If you are the system then switch 'on' while the car is running, it will set off the alarm because of the cars motion while the engine is running.

#37 ·
... I know this is digging up some dust, but you'd think after all this time and with this many intelligent tuners, someone would be able to figure out how to get the troublesome sensors to arm After the engine has automatically shut off.

... what would be interesting is if you could trick the security system to THINK the truck is still open, and as soon as the engine's alternator stops supplying power, to trigger the "truck switch" as closed to automatically arm itself. Hmm, I need some pencil and some paper... and some sleep first :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.