Subaru WRX Forum banner

how hard to install turbo timer

9K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Vew 
#1 ·
well well..

thinking about breaking down and getting a turbo timer... i'm getting tired of sitting in my car all the time after i get someplace... and i figure its about time now that i have had stage 4 for a couple of months...

so, hard is the install? and how does it work out with the cars antitheft/alarm system?

what all wiring is involved... best brand? features/options??

#3 ·
I did the same as Cosmo

The Apexi is very slim, easy to mount, just get the HKS harnes and it will plug right it. Takes about 20-30min to install. Any TT can use the HKS harness, so whatever you feel like having

Everytime I remove the key to get out of the car I just hit the power locks. The keyless entry doesn't work until the car is shut off

#7 ·
I used a Blitz Turbo Timer. Was pretty easy to install. As far as the stock alarm goes, there are only 2 wires you have to cut to alow the alarm to be armed while the car is still running. Think the Black/Green wire on the keyless entry system above the fuse box, and the gray wire at the alarm module under the center console.

#9 ·
Hey I actually got it done this weekend Ron. I ordered the Blitz DCII DTT w/ HKS wiring harness from JSCSpeed.com. If you want to keep the factory alarm working you have to cut two wires. Also you should splice the accessory wire from the TT into the parking brake wire which is either green or pink. I could help you w/ it now that I know how its done also !Thumbs Up

#22 ·
Joe Boxer said:
the DCIII does that as well. pic being posted shortly. that is one of the main reasons I like it. auto timer and manual timer functions, plus temp - lap times - volt meter - and a few other things.
What is the difference between DCII and DCIII?

BTW Ron I saw your car up at Cruise night in Solon and I waited for you to come but you never did. O well I will probably go next week.

#24 ·
Yeah Matt

I was wandering around looking at all the nice Vettes (Corvette Night)... No Ligenfelter Turbos though... bummer.. i was hoping to see one... Couple of real nice supercharged ones though... Did you see that one drag Vette with 1250 HP and a giant blower/supercharger and the two bottles of NOS in the window... yeeooowwww!!! that thing was bada$$... we were talking to the guy and he said he's running a 350 shot of Nitrous and about 15 psi to make that HP at the wheels... and it runs 7's...

anyways... yeah i saw you pull in and you drove by us walking but i think you were too busy trying not to run over all the people (it was crowded last night)... One of my Supra buddies saved me that spot in the back... It was about the last one when i got there.... I heard your rumble-- sounds and looks real nice... which exhaust is it? And did you go catback or turbo back.... Now just make sure you get the UTEC so you can maximize its performance...

Oh yeah... do you know some guy with blonde hair (mega receeding hair line), and drives a yellow mustang w/open exhaust... him and his buddies are really startin' to get on my nerves.... Every time i see him on the street he's always revvin' his engine and then i put my window down and laugh at him and tell him he's not even worth the 10 cents in gasoline that it would take for me to open a can of whoopass all over his car...

Well, his buddies came up last night and thought they were asking me all these 'intelligent' questions, but were being real cocky about it.... They're like why don't you race and whats with all these ground effects and chrome wheels... I said its a show car, i don't care to race at the track... and by the way, check the scoreboard... because i don't see anyone bothering to stop and look at your car. (not to mention i could destroy his Mustang in the 1/4 mile if i did race anyways)

Mustang a-holes... can't stand 'em.... Don't get me wrong... i appreciate all sports cars and people to enjoy spending time working on them... but you get about as much respect from me as you give...

just my .02

but that kid and his girly looking buddy with the long hair is looking to get his a$$ kicked in more ways than one.

#25 ·
No I didn't see that Vette unfortunately. I got the TXS Turboback w/ cat and RFL-Ti muffler. I love it. I just gotta get the money for the UTEC now haha. But no, I don't know the blonde kid who drives the yellow mustang. I didn't even see him. But your car was sure getting ALOT of people by it. Also when did you get the 19" chrome wheels. They look sick man. You should just waste that .10 on gas once and blow his ass outta the water.

BTW are you getting/ordering a TT?

#26 ·
Yeah..

i got the chrome 19's... they're heavy... but who cares... they look badA$$ and i don't really go to the track or anything, so its worth it... people stare...

yeah i'll get the turbo timer... just gotta find the time to order it... i'll give ya call when i get it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.