Subaru WRX Forum banner

How do I marry my AP to my car?

12K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  gangster 
#1 ·
Ive got a v1 cobb accessport w/ the maps on it that I want. But how do I marry it to my car to download them?

I plug it in and pick the map I want....turn off the car and back on and it reads error on the AP.

#6 ·
On my 03 I dont connect two green connectors right? Its the little white connecter I attach to the plug? Then plug in my ap.....

Im guessn the kid didnt unmarry it cause its not gettn any where when i plug it in....just asks for me to choose a map then throws an error.

Now its phone call time....what a pain in the arse.

#10 ·
My car is basically stock for the most part. I have a upipe back.....all catless down pipe and everything. What map should i run?
I don't get this part, but if you meant an aftermarket up pipe/gutted up pipe... And a catless aftermarket DP back... Then run stage2... In Cali, run the 91octane map stage2 from your watered down petrol.

#11 ·
Cool thanks thats what I meant. I have an aftermarket...injen upipe(catless), and a custom downpipe...catless and 3in all the way back. NO cats....she is loud. SO stage 2...thanks. ANd yup, crappy expensive gas in ca. Its a little cheaper down the hill in NV.

#18 ·
Glad that the walk through I posted up and other people's insight with bugeyes got it done. Haha, now the mod bug has bitten you pretty good. GL with fighting the urge to hold back on buying too much before you learn. ;)

#20 ·
you can never fight the mod bug, I'm contemplating buying a scooter for the MPG and can't help but dreaming of a big bore turbo motor for it with a stretched swing arm

#30 ·
I agree...when I leave my little mtn town i hardly see any subys. Most dont understand how fun awd cars are. Especially awd turbo cars :) Then you add snow to the equasion. I used to have trouble getting out of the drive way in my stock 98 legacy gt when there was 2ft plus fresh snow. Now that I have a 100 more horses its not such a problem. Coil overs are next on the list to make it that much easier to get around in the snow and to my money fishing spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.