Subaru WRX Forum banner

How bad do I need a tune?

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  blk05WRX 
#1 ·
I did a couple logs today, just wondering if someone would like to look at them and let me know how bad a need a tune? Mods include "EL header, Cobb CAI, catless UP, Cobb TBE, pulstar plugs, Turbo xs TMIC, HKS BOV" all running on a stage 2 map. I really want an aftermarket bpv because the stock one will not fit on my tmic. but anyways If you are good at reading these let me know. I have an AP race tuner program but I don't have the knowledge to tune myself...Thanks!

Attachments

#2 ·
You could definitely benefit from a tune, theres a couple instances where it looks like it's pulling timing and your at almost stock boost level I would say your safe for a little while but you need to get a tune for that intake pretty soon

#3 ·
For some reason I can't get as much boost as I used to. A month or so ago I was getting around 17psi. Ive done a boost leak test and it sounds like there is air coming from the turbo...but my car is so inconsistent its not funny.

#5 ·
No, the last thing I did was put the header on about a month ago and it was fine...I did the boost test when I put my TMIC on "4 months ago" but it was still getting good boost. It just started the 15psi today...I noticed it wasn't as smooth so I did a few logs...

#11 ·
I have been getting worse gas mileage than I used too...but even that is inconsistent...some days I get 22 on the hwy and some days its worse...Just like sometimes when I accelerate it feels like shit...

#13 ·
So I don't mean to de-rail this thread but I did some logs the other day as well. Can you guys tell me other parameters I should be monitoring when I pull a log? I'm trying to determine if I need a protune instead of a Stage 2 as well. I run the basic Stage 2 set-up (DP, Catback, SPT intake). The only thing extra is an STI intercooler that Cobb and P&L said was OK to run with the Stage 2 OTS map.

Can anyone take a quick look at my log and comment on what else I should add to the monitor list. Cobb's new firmware allows for some added monitoring now.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As4pPRYUHftrdFdXS2lvMEJYSHFUdjgzdzRwaHpGV2c&hl=en&authkey=COPD3c8I

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.